Kriptokrit
Kriptokrit, Customer Service
Experience:  Over 6 years of experience in Electronics support service.
63849745

I have a kindle Which I cannot Re-connect to my amazon Acc

Customer Question

I have a kindle Which I cannot Re-connect to my amazon Acc When I put in my e-mail address (*****@******.***) And P/W( Ursula2t) it says cannot connect
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Kriptokrit replied 2 years ago.
Welcome and thanks for your question.
I'm Todd and I will be the expert working with you today to help resolve your problem.

What is the model of your Kindle?
Are you able to log in into Amazon website?
Please open the web page below - click here and try to log in. Let me know if that works please.
Regards,
Todd
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

What more can I tell you

Hi Charles,
Just the things I asked you in my previous info request. That will help me to better assist you.
Todd
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I can get into my Amazon Acc and my P/W wrks in it.

I dont know Model No.

Thank you for additional information Charles.

I'll not be able to provide you with step by step instruction without Kindle model.

When did you purchase your Kindle? Is your Kindle model with keyboard, Fire model, Paperwhite etc.?

Also, you can use the link below to log into your Amazon account - click here.

When done, select "Your Devices", there you will find all devices (and models) registered on your Amazon account.

On older Kindles, model number is ***** visible on the device itself, on the back at the bottom. Check the packaging the devices were shipped in for model number too.

Regards,

Todd

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Model No.DO1200 ic 960A 1013FCC Id2EF 1013

Your Kindle is Touch 3G model.
Please try to deregister and to re-register your Kindle. Here is a step by step instruction. Be sure that your Kindle is connected to wireless (wifi) internet.
1. From Home, tap the Menu icon (3 lines icon), and then tap Settings.
2. Tap Registration.
3. In the Deregister Your Kindle message, tap Deregister.
When done, reset your Kindle, press and hold Power button for 35 seconds. When Kindle reboot, register it with the Amazon account you have logged in.
1. From Home, tap the Menu icon (3 lines icon).
2. Tap on Settings and select Registration.
3. Enter Amazon account information and confirm it.
Please don't hesitate to ask if you have any difficulties. I will be happy to help with any follow up questions.
If you have any difficulties or you need more information please do not rate my answer negative BAD service or POOR service. Reply to me using "Reply to Expert" button and I'll provide you with more help.
Kind Regards,
Todd
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No 3 there is no Deregister on my Kindle first Saction

2nd Part How do I confirm Amazon Acc as soon as I press Register I am back towhere I started

OK, if there is no "Deregister" option, you have only to register it.
Sounds that there is a bug in the software that prevent you to register your Kindle. Please follow the steps below to reset your Kindle to factory default and than try to register it (be sure that your Kindle is connected to wifi internet).
From the home screen, hit the menu button, select settings, hit menu again, select reset to Factory Defaults.
Let me know if that helps. I'll be waiting for your reply.
Regards,
Todd
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Still does,nt work comes up your kindle is unable to connect to the WI_FI network

Oh, that's the problem because you can't register your Kindle. Your Kindle is not connected to wifi.
Did you try to connect your Kindle to your personal wifi? If yes, is your wifi password *****?
Do you have any computer that is currently connected through Wifi?
If yes, what is the operating system on your computer (XP, Windows 7 etc.)
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes the computer I am working on is on the same WI-Fi XP also my wife,s Ipad

Do you know password ***** your wifi?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

VMIGLQTNHTICCA

Great.
If there is no hardware issue on the device, solution below should resolve this issue.
1. Disconnect the power cable from the wireless router (turn the router off)
2. On your Kindle - Press and hold (or slide and hold) the power button for exactly 35 seconds.
3. Allow up to 3 minutes for the Kindle to reboot.
4. When Kindle reboot, turn on your router and wait 2 minutes.
5. After 2 minutes, try to connect your Kindle to wifi.
When you connect your Kindle to wifi, please try to register it. I'll be waiting for your reply.
Regards,
Todd