Rusty
Rusty, Engineer
Experience:  Let my expertise help solve your technical problems. Over 20 years electronics and sound equipment experience.
63817454

I have a Clarus plus Magicbox with no audio output It has a

Customer Question

I have a Clarus plus Magicbox with no audio output It has a line output so I think the audio out stage is faulty. I can't work out how to get the lids off! Please help.
Graham
Category: Electronics
Expert:  adamd-mod replied 3 years ago.

Hello there,

Please note, I am just a moderator for this category, I can only try and find experts to help, I can't answer the question itself.

Adam

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Adam

I will wait for you to find more info for me. Please keep me informed of progress.

Graham

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Adam, in the meantime I have tried to locate the manufacturer. The company name is ***** ***** ltd. It moved to Greenwich but I can't find a telephone number.

If you can keep trying please.

Graham

Expert:  adamd-mod replied 3 years ago.

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Adam

Expert:  Rusty replied 3 years ago.
Hello, my name is Rusty. Sorry to keep you waiting, but there just isn't a service manual available. If you haven't gotten it open yet, look on the bottom for screws. The speaker grills pull straight off, and that should allow you access to the inside of the radio.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Rusty, there are no screws on the bottom, not even under the feet! Two at the top rear which allow the case to open a little.

I have tried to lever the speaker grilles off but they don't want to move...

Graham

Expert:  Rusty replied 3 years ago.
Hmm, a lot of times they use clips that snap together. Run a thin knife between the seam of the plastic. Do you feel where the clips are? They are very easy to break, and they are not meant to come apart, but if you're careful, you can get them to release.