JamesI
JamesI, Technician
Experience:  I have provided on site support for a range of devices from media to telecoms.
75967336

We have a Panasonic telephone system with answering machine

Customer Question

We have a Panasonic telephone system with answering machine : Model PNLC1018.
Please could you tell us the procedure for remote calling? We seem to have mislaid the instructions.
Thank you very much!
Category: Electronics
Expert:  JamesI replied 2 years ago.
JamesInch :

JamesInch :

I have been looking on the panasonic website and they dont appear to list this answer machine model, they only list a charger for a cordless phone.
Are you able to confirm what the phone model is?

JamesInch :

1. I am assuming your phone is a model KX-TG9381 or some similar, the manual for this phone can be found here.
    Page 40 has a section for remote access, which details how to setup your answer phone.

2. In essence this invovles,

3. A. Set the 3 digit code you want to use to acces the system by
    i. Press menu
    ii. Enter #306
    iii. Key in the 3 digit code
    iv. Select save.

B. Accessing the answer the phone remotly
    1. Call the number the answer phone is connected to from another phone (eg a Mobile)
    2. Wait for the greet to be played.
    3. During the greet dial in the 3 digit code set above
    4. The unit will then advise how many message you have and give you options to listen to them

JamesInch :

If this doesnt work or you need further guidance please let me know the phone model number and ill look into the matter further, however if this answers your questions, I would be appreciated if you could rate my response.

Have a good evening.

JamesInch :

J

Customer:

Thank you for your answer. the model we have (4 handsets in the house, each one on its own base) - is Panasonic PNLC1018. 1EBQA

Customer:

1EBQA is also a number I find at the bottom of each base.

Customer:

I assume PNLC1018 is the model number.

Customer:

I don't have any supplementary information.

Customer:

I won't be able to continue this dialogue before tomorrow pm.

Customer:

I will welcome your new input. Thank you. LD

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Dear James

Thank you for your answer.
After sending you a few lines, I just identified the model under the recording unit : KX-TG6621E
(although there is also on a sticker next to it : KX - TG6624EB!)

Is your advice also valid for this model?

Best wishes

Lance XXXXX

Expert:  JamesI replied 2 years ago.
Hi Lance,

The manual for the answer phone you have can be found at http://www.home-phones.co.uk/assets/uploaded/documents/599_KX-TG6611.pdf

The good news is the settings for enabling remote access are exactly the same as the ones I gave you for the other model.

They can be found using the manual above on the top left of page 35.

You first press the menu button, then dial #306, enter the 3 digit pin you wish to use, and press OK

You then just call the phone number the answer phone is plugged into and enter your 3 digit pin when the answer phone plays the greeting.

Should you need any other assistance please let me know, otherwise I would appreciate if you could rate my response so I can close this case.

Many thanks.