Kriptokrit
Kriptokrit, Customer Service
Experience:  Over 6 years of experience in Electronics support service.
63849745

How do I use the 32Gb sd card on my y300

Category: Electronics
Expert:  Kriptokrit replied 3 years ago.
Welcome and thanks for your question.
I'm Todd and I will be the expert working with you today to help resolve your problem.

Did you insert your SD card in your phone?
When did you purchase your cell phone?
Regards,
Todd
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The phone shop inserted the card.

Purchased the phone about 6 weeks ago

Hi John,
Thank you for your reply.
SD memory card is additional external memory for your phone where you can store your photos, music and videos, applications etc.. So, to use your SD memory card all you need to do is to insert it in your phone. Some of the data will by default be stored on your memory card.
If you want to transfer already stored data from your SD memory card to computer just pull it out and insert it in your memory card reader on your computer.
Please let me know if you need information how to store specific data on memory card. I'll be happy to provide you with more help.
Regards,
Todd
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

What I really need is a simple tutorial on how to copy or place stuff on the external sd card.

My phone storage page shows

Phone storage 4.00GB total, I think that's internal storage.

Default storage location - Internal storage.

Internal storage Total Space 2.21GB

Apps 799Mb

Pictures, Videos 7.62MB

Music, Ringtones 20.00KB

Misc 48.58MB

Available 1.25GB total, 223MB for apps

Erase internal storage.

Erases all data (such as music and photos) on the internal storage except applications.

SD card Total space29.50GB

Available 29.50GB

I think this means that the SD card empty and is not being used!

Again I don't know how to transfer from internal memory to the SD card.

That's correct. Your SD card is empty.

First of all change your default storage space. Go to Settings > select "Storage" and select "SD card" by default storage.

As I can see from your list installed apps use 799MB. Please note that not all apps can be removed to SD card (pre-installed or apps that require some files on the internal phone memory). So, to transfer desired apps use the procedure below:
Go to Settings > select "Storage" > from the list tap "Apps" > be sure that "All" is selected (tap "All" on the top). You will be prompted with the list of all your apps. Tap desired app and select "Move to SD card". Like I already said you will not be able to transfer all apps (only apps you installed on the phone).

You don't have pictures and videos - only 7.62MB (about 3-4 pre-installed pictures - background pictures, icons etc.).

Misc files can't be removed. That's actually part files of software or pre-installed apps.

If you have any difficulties please don't hesitate to ask.

Regards,
Todd

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you very, very much, that sorted my problem and so simple! It's exactly what I needed.

You're welcome John. I'm glad that I could help.

Thanks for using our service and for positive rating.

Best Regards,
Todd