Kriptokrit
Kriptokrit, Customer Service
Experience:  Over 6 years of experience in Electronics support service.
63849745

Too much wind! How do I turn off the Internal stereo microphones.

Customer Question

Too much wind! How do I turn off the Internal stereo microphones. HDC - TM80
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Kriptokrit replied 3 years ago.
Welcome and thanks for your question.
I'm Todd and I will be the expert working with you today to help resolve your problem.

To turn off Internal stereo microphones please follow the steps below:
1. Switch to Manual mode (Press the iA/MANUAL button to switch to Manual Mode. MNL should appear on the screen).
2. Touch MENU
3. Select "Record setup"
4. Select "Wind noise canceler" and select ON.
Note: in Intelligent Auto Mode, Wind noise canceler is set to ON by default and can't be changed.
Please don't hesitate to ask if you have any difficulties. I will be happy to help with any follow up questions.
If you have any difficulties or you need more information please do not rate my answer negative BAD service or POOR service. Reply to me using "Reply to Expert" button and I'll provide you with more help.
Kind Regards,
Todd
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks Todd, but that doesn't answer my question. I know about the Wind noise canceller (page 62 Operating Instructions) It is not effective in reducing the wind. I was hoping to switch off the internal stereo microphones completely.

Ray.

Hi Ray,
Thank you for your reply.
I'm not aware that internal stereo microphones can be turned off, so let me open your question for other Experts. As soon as another Expert is available he will contact you. You will receive an email notification when an Expert replies to you.
Thanks for using our service!
Best Regards,
Todd
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Todd It seems as if all your other experts are not available. I am coming to the same thoughts as you, that the Internal stereo Microphones cannot be turned off.

Thank you for your assistance.

Sorry for the bad news.
In the meantime I did some research and found out that my previous statement is correct - there is no way to disable Internal stereo microphone.
I know that I was not of much help, so if you are not satisfied with my help (my effort to help) please use the link below to ask for refund - click here
Thanks for using our service.
All the best,
Todd