Eng. Andres
Eng. Andres, Engineer
Experience:  Electronic Eng. Electronics Specialist. Circuit designer
54002000

Hi I have a samsung galaxy tab 2 10.1 when I switch it on it

Hi I have a samsung galaxy tab 2 10.1 when I switch it on it wont let you unlock the screeb but if you push the on off button it lets you do it oncE unlocked it would work for a few minutes or two then the screen would become unresponsive and you would have to push the on off and swipe the screen . This would go on for a short time then it would be fine. Can you please help .Thanks Nigel
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Eng. Andres replied 2 years ago.
hi, thank you for using JA:
Can you tell me how long have you had the unit?
Regards!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I got it on ebay but I think its maybe 2 yrs old or more

Hello Nigel
Thank you for using JustAnswer,
OK, the first thing we will do is to factory reset your unit. This process will wipe out everything in the tablet, leaving the tablet as new. With this procedure, we will be sure that the problem is not a software-related issue.
To perform the hard reset, please, follow the instructions outlined in the link bellow:
http://support.sprint.com/support/tutorial/Perform_a_hardware_factory_reset_Samsung_Galaxy_Tab_2_101/44228-396
Please, let me know if the hard reset worked or not so I can follow up with your issue. If it works, please, remember to rate my answer using the smille faces system showed bellow
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi there no sorry the touch screen is still doing the same thing and I have to lock then unlock several times to get it to work

Hello Nigel
OK, then it's sure that the tablet has a physical damage. From your description, most likely that the digitizer, the part that calculates the position where you touch the screen is defective.
So, in this case, there is nothing that you can do to fix it, because a technician has to repair the tablet. The reparation of this kind of units is extremly expensive, both in labour and parts. From my experience, it's much worth buying a new one, rather than repair a broken tablet.
So in this case, your only option is to ask the seller and put a claim on PayPal is you can do it.
Let me know if I can help you any further, otherwise please, remember to rate my answer!