Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

hi... I have a sharpe television, LC-19D1e. it is 4-5 years

hi... I have a sharpe television, LC-19D1e. it is 4-5 years old. it has worked fine until today. suddenly I get a sign that say 'data base empty' I have tried to reprogramme it unsuccessfully. can you tell me what has gone wrone and how to put it right? thanks!
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is***** be happy to assist you.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.
- Is the TV hooked to Ariel for local broadcasting or any coaxial cable from wall plugs in TV for channel signals?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
don't know what ariel is . I have basic stuff, only what comes free. don't know what the rest means!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

don't know what ariel is... or local broadcasting, so I assume no. we have the basics only. and a cable to DVD machine . there is also a box DFV19U

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
OK, let me ask in simple way, do you use TV remote to change the channels or DFV19U remote to do so?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

TV remote ...

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
OK, can you please check the arial/antenna cable is plugged securely at back of TV or it goes in box DFV19U?
That cable would be coming the airial installation in the roof.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes i checked the airial which goes into the DFV19U box. it is securely plugged in . i have pulled all the plugs out and pushed them in again. The DFV has a red light on it so i assume it is working.

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
OK, if you press power button on DFV19U box or its remote, does the power light change its color?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

there isnt a power button on the DFV19U . there is a red light on. if i unplug the DFV 19u the light goes off. plugging it back in makes the light go green momentarily then back to red. i dont unfortunately know what colour the light is normally. red?

this doesnt account for why the status box says 'database empty' this means i suppose that all the info about the available channels has been wiped. additionally when i run automatic programming the sequence is not as i have seen it in the past.

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
It seems your TV gets channel signal from DFV19U box because arial wire goes into box then connections cables from box go to input of TV, since TV isn't connected directly to arial that is why it doesn't show any channel nor the auto tuning works to get channels in TV.
It seems you need to select correct input in TV to get DFV19U box signals and use set top box remote to change the channels.
To know what input of TV gets the DFV19U box signal, please check the connection wires from box to TV and read the label on the jacks of TV where the cables are plugged in, press Input button on TV remote and select that input which you see on the label and reply back how it worked.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

sorry , i dont think we are doing well here. none of this accounts for the fact that this set up has been working well for years until yesterday. i have checked all connections and they are all ok.

"since TV isn't connected directly to arial that is why it doesn't show any channel nor the auto tuning works to get channels in TV". so why was it working fine until just now? it cant be a conncetion problem. it must be a problem inside the set.

when i try to reprogramme it automatically the usual features dont appear. there is a gradual appearance of the transmitters in the area. now i have a box with channels up to 20.

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
My answer is based on info mentioned in question thread, can you please pull the arial cable pin from DFV19U box and plug it in antenna input at back of TV then run the auto channel/ auto program to see if it helps to get lost channels back in TV?
TV needs air channel signals through arial on the roof to scan channels when run auto program option.
Please reply back how it goes.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I pressed DTV menu. it suddnely worked... (it didnt work before) i got the menu for reprogramming i was looking for. it is now working again tho why it went wrong in the first place i have no idea.....nor why it didnt work when i pressed DTV Menu. any way its ok now.... thanks for your help!

robin

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Excellent Robin, glad to know it is working and all is set now, it seems firmware (TV internal software) glitch so the digital TV section was missing for some time. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face under the answer then click submit button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,
Shahid.
Shahid, Technician
Experience: I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Hi there,

I wanted to briefly follow up with you and see how the info worked, and see if that accomplished what you were looking to do!

Please reply back here if there is additional questions.