JamesI
JamesI, Technician
Experience:  I have provided on site support for a range of devices from media to telecoms.
75967336

how do i fit pioneer sound bar to pioneer kuro televison

Category: Electronics
Expert:  JamesI replied 2 years ago.
JamesInch :

Hi what is the model of the pioneer sound bar and Kuro TV?

Generally the HDMI is used to allow the sound bar to output to the TV, as most sound bars display the settings and config on an HDMI output.

The generic method is to take a Phono or Optical output from the TV and plug it into the sound bar.

JamesInch :

Once I have the model numbers I can confirm where you will find the ports you need.

Customer:

the sound bar is sbx.n500 and the tv is flat panel display moniteur a ecran plat krp.600

Customer:

the sound bar is pioneer sbx,n500 and the tv pioneer kuro flat panel display krp.600m

JamesInch :

Hi, you have two optical inputs for your sound bar

JamesInch :

on the back of the sound bar the optical input for the TV is just to the right of the power socket. It should have a little flap which moves out the way as you push in a optical input cable.

JamesInch :

If you dont already have one, you can pick them up as cheap as £3 online via amazon such as http://www.amazon.co.uk/Digital-Audio-Optical-Cable-Quality/dp/B0096PRC1A/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1407241992&sr=8-1&keywords=best+optical+cable

JamesInch :

However you can also nip down to tesco, curry's etc but will end up paying £10

JamesInch :

The other end of the optical cable needs to go into your TV.

JamesInch :

Hi I have just checked your TV model and it appears it doesnt have a optical out for audio, so your not going to be able to connect the sound bar to this TV.

JamesInch :

Based on this you have two options (other than use a different TV).
1. Change the soundbar for one which has analogue input which allows the audio out on the TV to be connected to a phono input on the sound bar.
2. Connect the TV via a HiFi, then take the optical output of the HiFi and connect it to the soundbar., or if using Sky take the optical output from the Sky HD box.