JamesI
JamesI, Technician
Experience:  I have provided on site support for a range of devices from media to telecoms.
75967336

Pioneer multi region for overseas region-free DVD player DV-3032KV-RF

Pioneer multi region for overseas region-free DVD player DV-3032KV-RF fs-3gm.
この機器を先日日本から購入しました、ところが日本のデジタルTVからダビングしたDVDが 画面で 'stop‘ とあって観られません。この機器葉CPRM対応とのことでわざわざ日本から買い求めたものです。どのようにしたら観られるようになるでしょうか。ご指導ください。
Category: Electronics
Expert:  JamesI replied 2 years ago.

The reason its showing stop is most likly becuase of CPRM violation, the player should play any region, so its unlikly to be due to the DVD region, its more likly to be due to copyright applied as part of CPRM.
So this is deemed to be an unsupported media or 'illegal' media type and hence unable to play it.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for your reply. However I have a question. The reason I bought the player is that I saw your advertisement about this product that it said this is CPRM support and able to view a disk which was copied from a digital TV. Can you please explain why this player is not CPRM supported after all ?

Expert:  JamesI replied 2 years ago.
The device support CPRM, ie disks which contain recorded information encrypted by CPRM can be played provided they are not copies, as CPRM is designed to stop unauthorised copies.
You can record from a range of sources including TV, but if they using CPRM then this would stop it from working as its a part of the Digital Rights Management facility.
So it sounds like you recorded something like a film which had DRM in place and the CPRM facility realised its an unauthorised recording and hence 'bricked' the recording.
In summary the PVR does support CPRM, but you or the other party making the DVD didnt have the rights to record the content and thats whats causing the issue.
Expert:  JamesI replied 2 years ago.

I would appreicate if you could please rate the service received today, and please let me know if you have any further questions regarding this mater.

J