Kriptokrit
Kriptokrit, Customer Service
Experience:  Over 6 years of experience in Electronics support service.
63849745

My Nexus 7 froze on a book page. There was no response to any

My Nexus 7 froze on a book page. There was no response to any screen contacts nor to on/off switgh. Overnight, device went bloank and is totally 'dead'. What next?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Kriptokrit replied 2 years ago.
Welcome and thanks for your question.
I'm Todd and I will be the expert working with you today to help resolve your problem.

Please note that electronics troubleshooting is not always easy and sometimes I will not be able to find solution for your problem immediately, so if my first answer does not resolve your problem or you need more information please do not rate my answer negative BAD SERVICE or POOR SERVICE (that will result in a permanent negative feedback on my record - very damaging for me). Please use "Reply to Expert" button instead.
•ANSWER•
Sometimes your Tab can be unresponsive and keep you from using the device properly (the most important reason for this issue can be glitch in the software). If there is no hardware issue on the device, some of the solutions below should resolve this issue.
Please follow the steps below to reset your device:
1. Press and hold the power button for exactly 35 seconds.
2. After 35 seconds, release the power button.
3. Wait 2 minute, then turn on your Tab.
If that doesn't work, please try the procedure below:
1. Press and hold the Volume UP and Power button at the same time for exactly 15 seconds.
2. After 15 seconds, release the power button.
If the previous procedure doesn't work, perform the procedure below:
1. Plug the Tab into the charger for 10 minutes.
2. After 10 minutes (while still plugged in) press and hold Power (slide and hold) button for 35 seconds.
3. Allow up to 3 minutes for the Tab to reboot.
Please try all solutions (step by step) and let me know if that works. I'll be waiting for your reply.
If none of those solutions works or you need more information please do not rate my answer negative BAD service or POOR service. Reply to me using "Reply to Expert" button and I'll provide you with the next step.
Kind Regards,
Todd
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

None of your three suggested actions made the tablet work.Any more?

Hi Roger,
Thank you for your reply.
If none of the previous solutions works, the next troubleshooting step will be to perform hard reset. That procedure (if works) will delete data from your internal memory (all back up information will be safe).
1. Press & hold the Volume Down button, then press & hold the Power button simultaneously until the tablet turns on. You'll see the word "Start" with an arrow drawn around it.
2. Press the Volume Down button twice to highlight Recovery mode.
3. Press the Power button to start Recovery mode. You'll see an image of an Android robot with a red exclamation mark and the words "No command."
4. hile holding down the Power button, press the Volume Up button.
5. Use the volume buttons to scroll to "wipe data/factory reset," then press the Power button to select it.
6. Scroll down to "Yes - erase all user data," then press the Power button to select it.
Let me know if that works please. I'll be waiting for your reply.
Regards,
Todd
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Tried holding Vol Down and Power button once and for periods varying between 15 secs and 35 secs but no response. Any more|?

Roger,
If none of the previous solutions works (the most important troubleshooting steps), I have good and bad news for you (please don't shoot the messenger).
Bad news is that your Tab is defective. I have provided you with the all troubleshooting steps for resolving this kind of issue (resetting the software, force reset, hard reset). Unfortunately there is an hardware issue on the device that software troubleshooting can't resolve.
Good news is that if your Tab is still under warranty (1-year warranty) you will receive a new Tab for free. You will have to contact your seller or Asus directly at 44-1442265548 to arrange replacement or repair.
Sorry I could not be of any more assistance, but there is a hardware issue that can't be resolved online.
Please let me know if you are not satisfied with my help (my effort to help) or if you need more information.
Kind Regards,
Todd
Kriptokrit, Customer Service
Experience: Over 6 years of experience in Electronics support service.