michelleclive
michelleclive, Customer Service
Experience:  Working as a manager in a tech support company and i have an experience of 8 years and more in electronics device.
26798893

on the 03/06/14 I recieved an email from Yahoo about my email

on the 03/06/14 I recieved an email from Yahoo about my email account asking to add my mobile number to my account. I answered yes and since that date I can no longer recieve
emails on my iphone4S please help
Category: Electronics
Expert:  michelleclive replied 2 years ago.
michelleclive :

Hi, My name is ***** ***** i will be assisting you

michelleclive :

please let me know that did you enter the same phone number that is there on your iphone for yahoo verification or was it a different number

Customer:

Dear *****

Customer:

I used my same phone number. the message I recieved back was 'the following number (+447887531248 was added to your yahoo account. You can use this mobile to recover your accuiont in case

Customer:

sorry pressed to quick............... You can use this mobile number to recover your account in case you ever forget your password. To ensure that your account information remains accurate and secure we notify you when ever this information changes. This change request was made on 03/06/2014' Can't retrieve emails since this

michelleclive :

remove yahoo email from iphone and after you remove restart the phone and then reconfigure yahoo email back.

Customer:

I have deleted the emails from my phone, turned the phone off and back on again and it is still not responding

michelleclive :

are you able to access internet fine on the iphone?

michelleclive :

try to configure any other email like gmail or msn just to make sure the phone is working with email support.

Customer:

I'm not very technical!!! when I press the email app on the iphone it just says - cannot get mail- the connection to the server failed!

Customer:

what does this mean

michelleclive :

the problem is with the mail server you will have to configure the yahoo mail correctly to send receive emails on yahoo.

michelleclive :

I will give you the steps to follow give me few mins.

Customer:

how do I do that?

michelleclive :

I will give you the steps to follow give me few mins

michelleclive :

is it i-phone 5 you are using

Customer:

no 4s

michelleclive :

ok

michelleclive :

Click here and follow the steps

Customer:

do I add my personal yahoo details or make one up

michelleclive :

yes you will have to provide you yahoo full email address and the correct password ***** receive and send emails.

Customer:

it tells me "yahoo" is already added - this yahoo account has already been added to your i phone

michelleclive :

Remove the account and follow the Imap account setup using yahoo email

michelleclive :

did you check the link i attached as click here

Customer:

yes thats what i have been following

michelleclive :

if you follow the imap steps you will be able to get it configured.

Customer:

I must be doing something wrong it now says cannot get mail the username or password *****"imap.mail.yahoo.com is incorrect

Customer:

do you have a phone number?

michelleclive :

i am sorry we do not have however i can let your question opened to the other experts for there views as i am running out of ideas.

Customer:

Michelle its not you,its me!!! I am not at all user friendly with phones or PCs, don't understand the jargon.

Customer:

I need to gt some work done now, I will ask my computer friend to come back to you later, he will no what you are on about?

michelleclive :

thank you for understanding i thought other experts might have other ways to make you understand or make the steps more easy for you to follow as i feel i am not able to walk you through.

michelleclive :

i would suggest you to remote the yahoo account restart the phone then then follow the steps given with picture one by one.

michelleclive :

if it says the yahoo id or password ***** ***** try to logoff yahoo account from a computer and relogin to make sure you are entering the correct user name and password.

Customer:

I think i will just go into our Apple store and ask them to do it, they are pretty helpful in there, but thank you for your assistance.

michelleclive :

My aplology but i tried to make the steps simple and easy as possible i can. Please do not rate me negatively if you have any more question feel free to ask.

michelleclive, Customer Service
Experience: Working as a manager in a tech support company and i have an experience of 8 years and more in electronics device.