info tech
info tech, Technician
Experience:  Electronics technician
18621325

my hitachi tv when I switch it on keeps turning itself off

my hitachi tv when I switch it on keeps turning itself off again
Category: Electronics
Expert:  info tech replied 3 years ago.
Welcome
Thanks for the Question
I will need the model number please found on the back of the set?
Thank You
Anthony
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

hello the model number is *****

Expert:  info tech replied 3 years ago.
Hello Bridget
When it switches off what happens with the light on the front of the set?does it go to standby or blink or goes out completely?
Anthony
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It goes out completely

Expert:  info tech replied 3 years ago.
Hi Bridget
If your sure theirs not a problem with the powerpoint (you should try another powerpoint to be sure)then its very likely theirs a problem with the powerboard inside the set, this will need to be examined, these sets do suffer from powerboard issues like bad capacitors.
If you\someone you know or in the family wish to do work with the set I will be happy to provide information on a do-it-yourself fix, its not everyones liking so you need to consider if you can or not.
If your not comfortable with that an engineer will charge around £100 to either repair\replace the powerboard perhaps £150 to replace.
If you need more info or think you\someone you know is capable of the work let me know, your satisfaction is my goal.
Please consider rating the answer positively, rating me positively enables me to receive credit from the site, thank you, ***** ***** will remain open and stay open as long as you need it, if you have any concerns please don't rate instead press the "reply to expert" tab and I will answer any queries you have
Many Thanks
Anthony