Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I have a Panasonic Plasma TH-42PX80BA. Previously the old white

I have a Panasonic Plasma TH-42PX80BA. Previously the old white Sky box was connected through scart. I have recently upgraded to the 2gb Sky HD box, which came with all cabling and instructions. When I tried to connect through HDMI, I could get no signal from any of the three HDMI ports. I have checked the menu and it is not set to skip. I have re-labelled the HDMI ports but no difference. To check, I got my son to connect his x-box and there is no signal from that either. I can connect via scart, which is the situation at present, but there's not much point having an HD box if I cant achieve an HD connection.
Can you suggest any solutions or upgrades?
Thanks,
David McKibbin
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.
Hello, my name is***** be happy to assist you.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.
- Do you have another video source like DVD or bluray to connect to HDMI input of TV as a test to verify the inputs?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I've connected the Panasonic DVD player and have no picture or sound from the TV. Also tried an X-box with no result from any of the HDMI ports.

Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.
Thanks David for the info.
Since HDMI ports are not set as skip and have relabeled yet no picture/sound available that indicates hardware failure and HDMI processor chip on the circuit board is cause of this problem, sorry for this news.
Need to replace A Board of TV which will help to resolve the problem, please reply back if you are looking to repair the TV yourself to assist you with more info for repair and if you are not comfortable working on it then local TV repairman will do this job for you.
I'm sorry there is no easy or quick fix for this problem and it is definitely hardware failure that needs defective board replacement to resolve the issue.
I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face under the answer then click submit button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,
Shahid.