JamesI
JamesI, Technician
Experience:  I have provided on site support for a range of devices from media to telecoms.
75967336

My Galaxy S has been through the washing machine. The Sim card

My Galaxy S has been through the washing machine. The Sim card works in another phone but even with a new battery the 'washed' phone shows no life. Is there a way to retrieve my photos from it. Thanks.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  JamesI replied 2 years ago.

The Galaxy S has a SD card which can be found next to the Sim Card.

It may be alot of your photos are stored on the SD Card depending on how your phone is setup, if you remove this SD card in the same way you removed the SIM you should be able to place the card in another phone and see what is stored on it.

However if the phone is dead and now showing any signs of life, your not going to be able to recover the data without sending it away, since the phone needs to boot up so you can plug a USB into it and access the phone via a PC.