*ElectronicsTech
*ElectronicsTech, Customer Service
Experience:  I have over 15 years experience as an electronics repair and troubleshooting technician.
62741268

my htc phone will not charge up! An exclamation mark appears

Customer Question

my htc phone will not charge up! An exclamation mark appears and thats all it will do. When it is charged it wouldnt go to ring and vibrate just vibrate. The volume keeps going back to zero so therefore the alarm doesnt work! Its driving me nuts especially now its not charging AT ALL!
Any answers would be gratefully received!
Category: Electronics
Expert:  *ElectronicsTech replied 2 years ago.
My name is Randy, I will assist you.
I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue. The best option will be to determine if this is an hardware issue or if it is a glitch in the software. To rule a software issue you will need to do a factory restore.

To complete a Factory Reset follow these directions:

1. 1. Remove the battery, wait for a few seconds, then reinsert the battery.
  2. 2. Press and hold the VOLUME DOWN button, and then briefly press the POWER button.
  3. 3. Wait for the screen with the three Android images to appear, and then release the VOLUME DOWN button.
  4. 4. Press VOLUME DOWN to select FACTORY RESET, and then press the POWER button.
  5. If the restore does not work let me know the exact model number(you can find the model number on the label in the battery compartment underneath the battery) of your HTC and the approximate prurchsae date please.