*ElectronicsTech
*ElectronicsTech, Customer Service
Experience:  I have over 15 years experience as an electronics repair and troubleshooting technician.
62741268

I have an s5 galaxy. The phone works but the screen is black

Customer Question

I have an s5 galaxy. The phone works but the screen is black and I am unable to see the functions to answer a call. What can I do?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  *ElectronicsTech replied 3 years ago.
My name is***** will assist you.
I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.
  • This may be a glitch in the software, but it may also be an hardware failure. To rule out the software issue you will need to try these steps please>>*****>>
  • 1. remove and then reinsert the battery.
  • 2. Using your thumb or finger, lift up the back cover using the small notch at the top-left of the phone.
  • 3. Remove the battery, wait for a few seconds, and then reinsert the battery.
  • 4. Line up the battery cover hinge with the designated holes inside the phone, then push the cover down until it clicks into place.
  • 5. Press and hold Volume up, Home and Power buttons until the Samsung logo appears on the screen.
  • 6. Scroll to wipe data/factory reset by pressing the Volume down button.
  • 7. Press the Power button.
  • 8. Scroll to Yes -- delete all user data by pressing the Volume down button.
  • 9. Press the Power button.
  • 10. The phone will now wipe all contents.
  • 11. Press the Power button.
  • 12. The phone will now reboot to the initial setup screen.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have tried what you asked but the phone switches because I can the sound I would usually hear but no logo appears on the screen, so i unable to follow the last part of your instructions.

okay, unfortunately that means that the LCD display has failed. You can get it repaired or replaced at a smartphone repair clinic for around $125.00 or if your phone is less than 12 months old you can get it replaced under warranty.
*
*
*
*
*
Please let me know if I can help with any of this.
Please take a moment to rate my service positively.
Thank you very much!