*ElectronicsTech
*ElectronicsTech, Customer Service
Experience:  I have over 15 years experience as an electronics repair and troubleshooting technician.
62741268

I have a 7 year old Panasonic 37" plasma TV, model number TH-37PX70.

Customer Question

I have a 7 year old Panasonic 37" plasma TV, model number TH-37PX70. It has been a great tv. Just recently when watching a Sky programme the TV changes from Sky to Freeview with no one touching the remote. We then have to re-set the tv to HDM11, and all is well for 10 minutes then it changes again, and again and again. It even turns everything off, ie black screen and then switches itself back on again.
Sky are adamant it is a TV problem.
Do I buy a new TV, or is it a Sky problem? Please help.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  *ElectronicsTech replied 2 years ago.

Hi Derek,
My name is***** will assist you.
I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.
This sounds like it is happening due to a bad connection, what happens in these issues is the tv responds to signal loss and tries to find a working signal on a different input. That is why it goes to the Freeview channels. This could be a bad cable that goes from the Sky box to the Panasonic input, you can try a different cable. If that does not correct the issue then the that will mean that the Panasonic input board is failing and will need to be repaired or replaced.
*
*
*
*
*
Please let me know if you need any other assistance.
Please take a moment to rate my service positively.
Thank you very much!