Nathan
Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

Some years ago I bought a Panasonic TV model no. TX-L32V10B,

Customer Question

Some years ago I bought a Panasonic TV model no. TX-L32V10B, serial no. ND-9350782. The tv has given me very good service over the years apart from one problem that I would like your help with. At approximately 9.40 am and 15.40 pm daily the tv shuts down and have to press the tv button on the remote control to get the picture back on.
Could you suggest a reason why this is happening and a possible solution? The shop I bought the set from went out of business a few years ago.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is Shahid, I'll be happy to assist you.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.

- Can you please check System Update option is On or Off by going into TV Menu > Setup > System Menu > System Update.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

went into system update. it's now saying: searching for a new software version, current software version is 2.303.

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
OK, if there is no software update available then set the “Auto Update Search in Standby” to “Off” and check does TV still go Off at particular time?

Please reply back how it goes.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Change made. I'll let you know tomorrow if it's ok or not.

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Nice, please take your time and reply back how it goes.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Now working ok.

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Excellent Barry,
Glad to know that problem is resolved. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.

A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face/star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,

Shahid.
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Hi there,

I wanted to briefly follow up with you and see how the info worked, and see if that accomplished what you were looking to do!

Please reply back here if there is additional questions.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Since replying that everything was ok, I found that the problem hadn't gone away entirely (just during the morning)

When I checked, "auto update search standby" was ON so I changed it again, to OFF.

I will see what happens tomorrow afternoon.

Barry

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
OK Barry, take your time and reply back how this change worked.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No, unfortunately the tv picture went off at 3.40pm, again.

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Barry for the info, I'm running out of ideas so let me open the question to others on website to have a look, hopefully some one will soon respond.

Please do not rate my answer and leave it as it is.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ok

Expert:  adamd-mod replied 2 years ago.

Hello there,

Please note, I am just a moderator for this category, I can only try and find experts to help, I can't answer the question itself.

Adam

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you, Adam.

I wasn't at home at 3.40pm today so I could not check the tv.

I'll let you know as soon as I can.

Expert:  adamd-mod replied 2 years ago.

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Adam

Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Can you check something for me please:
Press the MENU button on the remote,
then go into the sub section for SETUP
then to OFF TIMER.
If there is anything set there (I'm suspecting that 15.40 is set) clear/disable it.

Let me know if that helps.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I checked the OFF Timer and it just shows OFF.

Barry

Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
I'm sorry Barry, but I'm about out of ideas here as well.

The only other thing I can suggest is that you try a factory reset of the tv to clear any other stray settings that could contribute to this odd behavior.

Look for a factory reset (restore defaults) option in the setup menu.

If you don't find that, press and hold the Volume UP button on the side of the tv, and the MENU button on the panasonic remote, simultaneously, for 5+ seconds. You'll need to set up the tv from the beginning after that (auto scan for channels, set the time, etc)

Nathan