Eng. Andres
Eng. Andres, Engineer
Experience:  Electronic Eng. Electronics Specialist. Circuit designer
54002000

Hi, I have a DMC LX3 and I have photos on the internal memory

Hi, I have a DMC LX3 and I have photos on the internal memory which I am trying to put on the card. ven though there are abou170 photos in the internal memory when I try to copy ..it states no photos to copy...any ideas how I can transfer them? Many thanks. John
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Eng. Andres replied 2 years ago.
hi, thank you for using JA:
We will start by checking the correct steps to copy the files from the internal memory to the SD card.
To do so, could please follow these steps?
1. Click the "Menu" button
2. Click Down to go to the "Play" icon
3. Click Right to enter the "Playback" menu
4. Go all the way down to the last option "COPY"
5. Click Right and choose Internal->Card or Card->Internal
Once done, let me know what happen.
Regards! If that helped, don't forget to rate my answer as positive!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi, I have already done that previously, as stated. . The information on the screen states no photos to copy. any suggestions?

Hello John
Yes, could you please remove the SD card, and restart the camera?
Once done, check, in the playback mode, the internal memory of the camera.
With this instructions, we will be able to see if the images are there or not.
Thanks!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Picture are visible I can flick through them. Not sure how to check internal memory. thanks

Hello John
Could you connect the camera to your computer using the provided usb cord?
The key here is connecting the camera without the SD card, so in the computer you will see the internal memory as an external flash disk drive.
Please, kindly connect the camera to your computer without Sd card, using the usb cable. Once one, check if the internal memory is seen by the computer and that you can see the pictures in your computer.
Let me know the results!
Thanks!
Eng. Andres, Engineer
Experience: Electronic Eng. Electronics Specialist. Circuit designer
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi, it states empty! even though the shots are there.

Mystery!

Hello John
Could you see any file in the internal memory? Or any folder?
They should appear as a .RW2 and with a .JPG of the same name.
THanks!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

On computer it states empty. but in the internal memory all photos are there they are all( RAW 171 shots).

The internal memory will not display the shots until I put the card in..but the card was wiped yesterday of all other photos.

Can I ask you Andres if the amount I paid £21 is OK or will it increase per answer? ..Don't want to run up an even larger bill. Thanks

Hello John
No, the amount won't increase, that's the good point of JA, follow up questions are free.
That's strange. What happens if you connect the camera with the SD card into the computer? Can you see the files?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Andres, Files not in evidence. total blank..no photos recognised.

yet still they are on the camera... real mystery!

Hello John
I have no idea about the cause of the problem.
Sorry, but I will have to opt out the question so another expert can come and see if he/she can help.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks Andres,

Complicated ...thanks for your input. Much appreciated. JohnCool

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
The internal memory on these cameras is very low and should not be able to hold 170 images (without a card it is usually a total of 8), are you sure they are not already on the card?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Freddy,

Great to hear from you. My wife is just trying to insert the card into her laptop to see if there is anything showing....it does seem strange that the camera doesn't display the images when the card isn't present...so let's hope we can sort it..we have images up and we are now trying to transfer to my computer.. watch this space.. Thanks..will let you know!

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
You're welcome from what you are describing they should already be on the card if they are on the camera. If nothing comes up let me know what version of windows or mac is on the laptop. I can give you software that will look deeper for any images to transfer them. If this did not work, please come back and let me know what happened when you tried it by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue. If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating - it is greatly appreciated.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Freddy, Sorry to be so late in answering your query.

I am running Windows 7 with internet explorer.

I have identified the problem. The files are raw and they need to be converted to jpeg so I can see and work on them. any suggestions as to how I might do this? I know there are programs out there but not sure if they work with internet explorer. Firefox or Chrome seems to be suggested.

Cheers. John

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Ifranview is the easiest program to use in order to do this: Click Here It can open the most common RAW formatswhich can then be saved in JPEG format. If this did not work, please come back and let me know what happened when you tried it by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue. If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating - it is greatly appreciated.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for that..great advice I have downloaded the program and I am trying to get my head around it! Many thanks for the advice and help.Smile