Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

Hello I have a Lumix DMC-TZ3 Camera which I have not used for

Customer Question

Hello I have a Lumix DMC-TZ3 Camera which I have not used for a while but now when I take a photo I am just getting a white image as though it is completely over exposed. I have tried it on all modes and it is the same, so could the camera be u/s? Thanks ***** *****
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.
Hello, my name is***** be happy to assist you.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.
- Does camera show live view normal on display screen?
- Also, does it play/review previously taken pictures correctly (if still saved on memory card) before the this problem occurred?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hello Shahid,

The answer is yes to both questions. The camera is behaving "normally" and I can see previously taken photos and the screen appears normal before taking a photo. I have also tried another memory card and it still does the same. I am backwards and forwards today but will keep checking emails. many thanks, Roger

Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.
Hello Roger,
Have you tried to take out battery from camera for couple of minutes to reset, insert battery and check.
If not yet, can you try it now and reply back with the result.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hello Shahid,

It makes no difference I am afraid and I have also tried a spare battery I have and it is just the same.

thanks

Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.
Thanks Roger for the info.
Please try to execute Reset option in setup menu of camera and check if it makes any difference.
If it doesn't help then I'm afraid it would be electronic aperture problem which isn't controlling light amount for some reason and you see bright white/ over exposed image, electronic aperture is part of lens assembly which needs to be replaced completely to resolve the problem.
Looking at age of camera (year 2007 model) it would not be feasible/ economical repair and you would be better off with a new camera in that amount.
I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face/star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,
Shahid.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for the prompt and easy to follow reply. I have tried a reset with no avail, so it looks like a new camera!! Thanks anyway, Roger

Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.
You're welcome Roger,
I wish I had better news about camera.

Shahid.