Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I have a samsung LE37R87BD , the colours on the screen have

I have a samsung LE37R87BD , the colours on the screen have gone like a shadow / gost-ly
hope you understand what I mean , what can i do ???..can I reset the TV ?..i have the remote
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is***** be happy to assist you.
Please check following two links to view the sample images of ghostly image of TV, which one is similar/ close enough to the problem in your TV?
http://i3.minus.com/ibuoniaPnwQ83G.jpg
http://i5.minus.com/iXEuaywVHniJm.jpg
OR if possible, can you upload a picture of your TV screen and provide me the link so I can view it?
This will help to diagnose the problem.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi it looks more like the second link you have shown.....I have tried to attached a link from Youtube, which has the same problem

The colours are illuminious ,no detail in the picture

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1bg9qP_qic

hope this helps

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
OK, does the picture correct itself after some time or stays bad all day long?
Also, is the following picture looks more close to the problem in TV?
http://i4.minus.com/ibq6RXKvcNrplQ.jpg
I'll check youtube link in few minutes.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi, no the picture stays the same all the time,

Its like watching a the picture through a heat image...

Can we factory reset the TV do you a have code

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Hi Julie,
If you want to perform factory reset, it needs to enter in service mode/ service menu of TV and any wrong setting/ adjustment can shut the TV Off permanently so please do it at your own risk.
To enter in TV service menu, please press buttons on TV remote in following sequence...
Press Power button to turn Off the TV then Info then Menu then Mute then Power to turn On the TV.
In few seconds the service menu screen will appear, check item #12 that shows Reset.
Please reply back do you get service menu on TV?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

done, its now showing a list.........No 1..calibration is highlighted

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Nice, this is service mode screen.
Remote - Control Key to navigate on service menu screen: Power, Arrow Up, Arrow Down, Arrow Left, Arrow Right, Menu, Enter, Number Key(0~9)
Now please check item #12 in list where you see calibration is highlighted, 12 = Reset.
Highlight Reset and press Enter on remote to restore default settings in TV, screen should become normal if it was any setting issue and if screen still stays washed out then I'm afraid it would be display panel hardware/ internal circuitry failure and entire screen will be replaced to resolve the problem which would cost more than new TV price of same screen size.
Please reply back how the Reset goes.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Has not solved the problem , so £ 18 quid for the set up programme is a little excessive..

Wont use this service again, as its not solved the problem

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Julie,
As I explained in my previous reply... "and if screen still stays washed out then I'm afraid it would be display panel hardware/ internal circuitry failure and entire screen will be replaced to resolve the problem" ... and I'm sorry for that issue.
Hardware failure needs defective part replacement to get it solved.
I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face/star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,
Shahid.