*ElectronicsTech
*ElectronicsTech, Customer Service
Experience:  I have over 15 years experience as an electronics repair and troubleshooting technician.
62741268

While being used quite normally my Nikon 1 camera displayed

While being used quite normally my Nikon 1 camera displayed a broad pink stripe down the centre of the viewing screen. I have tried the usual, switching on and off, changing lenses etc., but this now appears to be permanent. Any suggestions, please?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  *ElectronicsTech replied 3 years ago.
My name is***** will assist you.
I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.
Vertical or horizontal lines that don't disappear after the basic troubleshooting are usually caused by circumstantial failures. The most common type of failure that leads to lines on the display is an open circuit connection between the driver IC (flexible circuit board) and LCD glass. This is usually caused by external stresses (mechanical, thermal, etc...), which causes the flex circuit to detach from the glass. The variables leading to the detachment are wide and are dependant on individual cases. With the amount of travel and various operating environments of a camera, pinpointing the exact cause can be near impossible, unless of course the problem immediately follows a catastrophic event such as dropping the camera or prolonged exposure to heat or cold, such as leaving the camera in a car. Since you staed this camera has had normal use then there must be a defect in the LCD display. This will require either reseating the lcd display to camera connections or replacing the display.
*
*
*
*
*
Please let me know if you need any other assistance.
Please take a moment to rate my service positively.
Thank you very much!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Randy,

Thanks very much for that. Am I right in saying that by saying there is a need for "reseating" you mean a part has become physically detached?

Again, am I right to understand that you mean this will need a physical repair?

Thanks,

S

yes, unfortunately the physical repair is the only option.The reseating will require that the camera be disassembled and tested for an issue with the circuit connection between the driver IC (flexible circuit board) and LCD glass.