Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I have a Samsung LE 40 M86BD. When I turn the TV on, the right

I have a Samsung LE 40 M86BD. When I turn the TV on, the right hand side of the screen has four blocks with ghost images in a different font/size. I am currently watching the baseball, and the score box in the bottom right hand corner has 2 images, one below the other.
The problem exists for between 20 and 40 minutes, and then the screen corrects itself and looks perfectly normal.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is***** be happy to assist you.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.
- How old is the TV and how long it have had the problem?
- Is the screen fix time increasing or stays between 20~40 minutes?
These info will help to troubleshoot the problem.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The TV is about 3 years old. The problem started about 2 weeks ago.
The length of time is not getting any longer. If the TV is working ok, and is turned off, provided it is turned back on within a few minutes, the screen is then ok.
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Bill,
I would check power supply output volts in TV with multimeter to see if output volts like 5V, 12V etc are stable, if they go low when TV turns On after longer time then will replace power supply board as it would be causing the problem.
And if power supply output volts appear normal and stay stable/ constant then I'm afraid the internal circuitry of display panel (the screen) is failing and causing the problem and entire screen will need to be replaced but it would cost approx new TV price, sorry for the news.
At that point you would be better off with a new TV instead of investing on this TV repair.
I'm sorry there is no easy or quick fix for this problem and it is definitely hardware failure that needs defective board/ panel replacement to resolve the issue. I trust my input will help you out to make decision about this TV repair or invest that money on new replacement TV. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face/star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,
Shahid.