Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

My Samsung UE32C4000 has a green line horizontally across the

My Samsung UE32C4000 has a green line horizontally across the screennabout 8% fr0m the bottom of the screen, the uper layer seems very lined, when I have tried to solve it with the TV troublesooter I have ended up with thick vertical lines covering most of the screen, but most disruptive to the picture in the center of the screen?

Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.
Hello, my name is***** be happy to assist you.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.
- Is it possible for you to take a picture of TV screen and post it here or upload it at any files haring site and provide me the link so I can view/ download it which will help a lot to diagnose the problem?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I can probably take the picture tomorrow , but I am currently not in the house with the TV! I shall have to ask the ocupants for access.

Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.
OK, no problem, please take your time and check following link if you want to attach the picture file in this chat thread...
http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert
OR may please use following free picture sharing site to upload the picture and post the file URL here so I can view it...
http://imgur.com/
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Here I hope is the image that I have just taken on my phone, as you can see both a green line and vertical, in this case/ redish lines.

Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.
Can you please reattach the picture file as above isn't appear on my screen.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Shahid,

I have downloaded a series of images to imgur.com. How do you access them?

Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.
I need the link of that picture to view it, please copy the link after uploading the picture and post it here so I can view that picture.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

What do you measn by a"link" is it my URL *****@******.***?

Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.
http://imgur.com/zIQqlox
Above is link of sample picture that I uploaded for you, copy that link at browser search bar after uploading the picture.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I'm sorry I don't understand. I have tried to do what you have asked but am unsure that I have succeeded. I shall need very simple, explained step by step instructions. I opened the imgur page that I downloaded my images to, pasted the link into the browser address bar -what do I do next?

Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.
Please try to attach the picture file in this chat thread as you did before but it wasn't appear for some reason.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

This is it. I copied the file number, and placed it in the image URL box-do I have to suffix JPEG?

Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.
Sorry, above pictures aren't visible.
let me try again..

Open the following link, drag and drop the picture file that you want to upload, click the popped up orange button that says "start upload' to upload the picture file and you will see the picture on that page, now copy the URL of page bar and paste it here...

http://minus.com/

Please check following two images which I hope will explain it bit more..

graphic

graphic
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have followed your instructions as well as I can but this seems to be taking up much too much of my time. I have looked on the samsung support site. It suggests that either ther is a line of pxels out or that an attached device is interfering with the picture. They recommend taking itto a service point if I cannot fix it internally- this will be at least three hours away from my current location. Have you recieved the image? If not , why not give me your e-mail and I shall attach it in a straightforward way?

Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.
Please send the pictures to customer service at***@******.*** and they will forward to me as website doesn't allow us to share personal email address.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Photos sent to the *****@******.*** site.

cheers

Rob

Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.
Hi Rob,
Website system has changed the site/ address that you posted and I can't read it, did you mean***@******.*** ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Shahid

I copied the address you sent me and attached the photos.

I have just opened an e-mail from *****@******.*** saying that they have forwarded the photos. Is this correct?

Cheers

Rob

Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.
Hi Rob,
Sorry for delayed reply, I was away from PC for few days, let me check my emails and get back to you in few minutes.
Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.
Hi Rob,
Thanks for the pictures which helped a lot to diagnose the issue, unfortunately it is problem of display panel internal circuitry failure and entire display panel (the screen) will be replaced to resolve the problem but it would cost more than new TV of same screen size so you would be better off with a new TV instead of spending on screen replacement of this one.
I'm sorry there is no easy or quick fix for this problem and it is definitely hardware failure that needs defective screen replacement to resolve the issue.
I trust my input will help you out to make decision about this TV repair or invest that money on new replacement TV. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face/star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,
Shahid.