Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

I have a Panasonic DMR EZ 25 DVD Recorder, unfortunately it

I have a Panasonic DMR EZ 25 DVD Recorder, unfortunately it has stopped working showing an error code of U81. Please can you advise what action I must take? Thank You D W XXXXXXX *****@******.***

Category: Electronics
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this.
There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure.
How old is the machine? Do you ever get any other errors or is it always U81?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The machine is 5 years old and U81 is the only fault code indicated.

DW Johnson

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
U81 is normally caused by a blown capicitor on the board. If you have ever soldered before you can usually see it. It is a C153. If you have never soldered before you may want to bring it to a shop if done improperly you can damage the entire board. IC1508 normally needs to be replaced as well. If you have any questions at all click on reply to expert and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating for my help - it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not this site or your Panasonic.
.