Pete
Pete, Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience in the Electronics and IT industries.
30970729

Hi I have a smart tv, running with free view and through a

Customer Question

I have a smart tv, running with free view and through a basic sky box on ext. through either of these the screen size doesn't fit we lose the edge and probably top off all pictures. I'm not very technical but the picture seems to need a screen 8 inches wider to get the whole picture on that is how much we are missing. I have tried changing aspect ratios on both the tv and sky box settings but nothing happening. Do you have any advice please?
Jon
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.

Pete :

Assuming the Smart TV is a widescreen TV, you will need to ensure the Sky box is set to output16:9 and that the TV is also set up for 16:9

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I mentioned this in my query. I have already changed both aspects to 16:9. It's a Samsung widescreen tv being fed its signal through the sky box. Can you help with this.
Jon
Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.
Hi John,
I don't see any mention of the 16:9 ratio in your initial post.
Are you seeing more information on your side than I am here?
All I see is:
"I have a smart tv, running with free view and through a basic sky box on ext. through either of these the screen size doesn't fit we lose the edge and probably top off all pictures. I'm not very technical but the picture seems to need a screen 8 inches wider to get the whole picture on that is how much we are missing. I have tried changing aspect ratios on both the tv and sky box settings but nothing happening. Do you have any advice please?"
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sorry didn't mention ratio but did say I'd tried changing aspect ratios. I ve tried all combinations to no avail..
Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.
Ok, great - just want to make sure I have all the facts first.
You say you have tried all combinations - how does the picture look when both the TV and the Sky box are set to 16:9?

Can you also give me the full model number of the TV so I can find some more detailed information on it's functions?