*ElectronicsTech
*ElectronicsTech, Customer Service
Experience:  I have over 15 years experience as an electronics repair and troubleshooting technician.
62741268

I seem to be having a problem receiving faxes but sending them

I seem to be having a problem receiving faxes but sending them isn't a problem at all. Any solution?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  *ElectronicsTech replied 3 years ago.
Try this first please. Disconnect the power cord for 5 minutes then before you reconnect, remove the paper and be sure that there is no obstructions then reconnect the power cord and place paper in tray and check to see if you can print a test page or report. Let me know the model number if there is still a problem with the unit please.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The fax machine is SF-3100/SF-3100T. Every time I try sending a fax it comes up with 'check paper' and even though it says the fax is in the memory it won't print.

okay, try this please. Open the Control Panel and Cartridge
Compartment cover then Pull the Cartridge handle toward you
while holding the Cartridge holder until it is released
from the lock, and remove the Cartridge. Then replace the cartridge and close the compartment and try printing the fax again.