Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I have a 48" colour Samsung tv and it wont switch on or off

I have a 48" colour Samsung tv and it wont switch on or off the stanby light just keeps flashing what can I do to rectify the fault please
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is***** be happy to assist you.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.
- Can you please get me the model number written on back of TV?
- How old it is and how long it have had the problem?
These info will help to troubleshoot the problem.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Model no LE040A656A1FXU
The TV is about 7 years old and the problem started this morning

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Eric for the info.
It is 40 inch Samsung LCD TV, this kind of problem occurs due to defective power supply board or the main processor board, mostly the power supply board found bad and swapping it will help to resolve the issue.
Required power supply board would be available at ebay around 30 Pounds, please check following link for details..
http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/sis.html?_nkw=BN44%2000197A%20SIP408A%20REV1%202%20SAMSUNG%20LE40A656A1F%20POWER%20BOARD&_itemId=160878281173
Local TV repairman will replace the power supply board in TV if you are not comfortable doing so by yourself, I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face/star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,
Shahid.