Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

Hello my Samsung 3d TV now has a green/blue line down the right

Hello my Samsung 3d TV now has a green/blue line down the right had side of the screen. How do i get this fixed?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.
Hello, my name is***** be happy to assist you.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.
- Can you please get me the model number written on back of TV?
- Also, how old is it and how long it have had the green line issue?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Shahid,

The model is : UE46ES8000UXXU

I have had the TV for around 2 years. The green line appeared yesterday when i was trying to get the 3d function to work with Sky TV. It went away but now its back while watching standard HD TV. I have tried different inputs but it wont seem to go away.

Alastair

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Model : UE46ES8000UXXU

The Tv is about 2 years and i noticed the issue yesterday but it disappeared. This time it has been on for a few hours, even after restarting and trying different inputs.

Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.
Alastair, thanks for the info.
Unfortunately this kind of problem occurs due to internal failure of display panel taping bond which makes the connection to the display sheet and internal circuitry around for video data flow to pixels, one lines means that particular taping bond has lost contact with the crystals in display sheet and I'm afraid it considers display panel (the screen) failure and entire screen need to be replaced to resolve the problem which costs more than new TV price of same size.
This problem isn't related with any wrong settings or 2D or 3D vision.
If the TV still has valid warranty then need to call Samsung service in area to get it replaced under warranty cover and it won't cost you any thing and if TV is out of warranty then you would be better off with a new TV instead of spending money on screen/display panel replacement.
I'm sorry there is no easy or quick fix for this problem and it is definitely hardware failure that needs defective screen replacement to resolve the issue.
I trust my input will help you out to make decision about this TV repair or invest that money on new replacement TV. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face/star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,
Shahid.