*ElectronicsTech
*ElectronicsTech, Customer Service
Experience:  I have over 15 years experience as an electronics repair and troubleshooting technician.
62741268

My Kindle screen is locked on Empty battery I have tried recharging

My Kindle screen is locked on Empty battery I have tried recharging but nothing seems to be happening, I have tried sliding and holding the power switch for 15 seconds with a negative result. Any ideas what might be wrong?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  *ElectronicsTech replied 2 years ago.
My name is***** will assist you.
I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.Try connecting the charger for 15 minutes and then hold the power switch for 30 seconds.

It may take up to 4 hours to fully charge your Kindle through the power adapter if the battery was completely drained.

If you are still having problems charging your Kindle , try restarting the device. Press and hold the power button for 30 seconds and then release. After the device has completely turned off, press the power button to restart your Kindle. Please let me know if this does not work for you and we will continue working on your issue.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have tried recharging and holding the power switch for 30 seconds. Still remains stuck on Empty Battery screen. Is it possible the battery is dead??

yes, the battery could be bad. Do you have another charger that you can try? A phone charger with the mini usb cord will work.
What is the appproximate purchase date of your kindle?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I purchased a new usb cable and checked that the plug and power socket were working ok. Kindle purchased in 2010. I don't have phone charger that would fit the Kindle.

okay, this sounds like the charge port has failed, The 2010 models had an issue with the charge port not holding up. It wil be cheaper to purchase another reader instead of repair. When you get a new reader and sign in with your amazon info all of your books will transfer to the new device.*
*
*
*
*
Please let me know if you need any other assistance.
Please take a moment to rate my service positively.
Thank you very much!