Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

Hi my panasonic led 3D 55" TV screen freezes in different colours

Hi my panasonic led 3D 55" TV screen freezes in different colours and then switches itself of and on again repeating this the remote control doesn't work when this happens
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.

Hello, my name is***** be happy to assist you.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.

- Does this problem occur on all video input sources like watching local TV channels, satellite or DVD/Bluray player etc?
- Can you please get me the model number written on back of TV and how old is it?

These info will help to troubleshoot the problem.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes it happens on all inputs more on the TV satellite input than the pc input the model is UE55ES8000 and it is a early 2013 model

Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for the info.
- How long the TV stays On and is it connected to internet?
- Is the TV still under warranty?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It's not connected to the Internet directly I use the TV as a monitor from my laptop the wireless signal is to weak to get astable connection with the TV but strong enough to have it on my laptop the TV is on for 15 hours a day I don't know how long the warranty on these tvs from new is

Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.

Thanks Dave for the info, usually the TV comes with 12 months manufacturer (Samsung) warranty so please check the purchase receipt/ warranty card came with the TV.
The TV symptoms indicate failing video processor chip which is mounted on main board and it could be internal failure of processor chip or the firmware (TV internal software) could be reason of problem.
I would recommend to update the TV firmware that might help to resolve the problem, it needs a USB memory stick and please check following Samsung link to download latest firmware update file along with upgrade guide pdf file which contains detailed instructions about how to update the TV..

http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/model/UE55ES8000UXXU

If firmware update doesn't help then I'm afraid the main board of TV will need to be replaced to resolve the problem and if TV is under warranty then call the number written on warranty card to get warranty cover and if TV is out of warranty then main board replacement would cost approx 260 to 300 Pounds.
I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.

A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face/star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,

Shahid.