Pete
Pete, Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience in the Electronics and IT industries.
30970729

Hello, I have just returned back to the Uk after two year abroad

Hello, I have just returned back to the Uk after two year abroad and am trying to set up my Samsung Smart TV and are having problems setting the new network. I have entered all the settings manually as the TV does not find the wireless network but it is still not connecting. Any ideas?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Pete replied 3 years ago.
Pete :

Hi there,

Pete :

TV's can sometimes have difficulty connecting to some wireless networks.

Pete :

First, try connecting the TV directly to the router using a wired connection to confirm that the TV is indeed working ok.

Pete :

Then try rebooting your wireless router and try to connect the TV to it again.

Pete :

If it still won't connect, then you will need to try changing the wireless security settings on the wireless router.

Pete :

First, try turning off all wireless security - the TV should connect without any problem.

Pete :

Then turn on different types of security until you find one that is compatible and works with the TV.