Pete
Pete, Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience in the Electronics and IT industries.
30970729

I have a Panasonic DVD Recorder DMR-EX79. I am unable to edit

I have a Panasonic DVD Recorder DMR-EX79. I am unable to edit a video recording because the "Option" button doesn't show the expected menu. It only gives a choice of drive. Can you provide a firmware package (CD) to correct this problem?

Category: Electronics
Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.
Pete :

Hi there!

Pete :

The firmware update for the DMR-EX79 is available for download from:

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

You have provided the answer I hoped for. But for £28 the paasonic website seems rather exxxpensive, hence the good ratintg. I am unabler to test this solutio0n right away as my PC with the CD burner has failed. I will confirm the result when possible.

***** *****

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for the solution. It is no more than I expected. This should have been available readily from the Panasonic website directly without the cost of involving your service!

Hence only a "good" rating.

D G Thompson

Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.
Hi Donald!
I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Do you need any further assistance?
Let me know,
Pete.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

You should have advised me that the machine is not faulty. I have solved the problem by pressing the button before clicking . In this c ase the
machine works properly and I have performed the
required edits. The instruction manual is correct but not quite clear. I feel that my £28 has been completely wasted, as I solved the problem myself. and I am offering no more remuneration.

How can I get a refund of the £28?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

30 September 2014 13:08 EST

How can I get a refund of the £28?