michelleclive
michelleclive, Customer Service
Experience:  Working as a manager in a tech support company and i have an experience of 8 years and more in electronics device.
26798893

I have just purchased a display model of the SoundStand HW-H610

I have just purchased a display model of the SoundStand HW-H610 from Curry's. On the display it is showing 'Shop Display Mode'. How do I get rid of it?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  michelleclive replied 2 years ago.
michelleclive :

Hi, My name is ***** ***** i will be assisting you

michelleclive :

please let me know that did you get a remote control with the unit

Customer:

Yes

michelleclive :

ok

michelleclive :

please follow the sequence i will list below

michelleclive :

Turn on the unit.
Press the INFO button on your remote control.

If the unit is in Shop Mode "Store Demo" or "Demo Mode" will appear momentarily in the middle of the screen. If this does not appear your unit is out of Shop Mode.

michelleclive :

let me know if above sequence makes any change

Customer:

OK Just going off to test it.

michelleclive :

ok

Customer:

There is no Info button on SoundStand remote.

michelleclive :

press the source button on remote

michelleclive :

then check whata mode is it showing..and try to change it

michelleclive :

if that does not work you may also try keeping the play\pause button held down for 5 secs to reset the mode

Customer:

I have. After switching unit on the 'shop display mode ' appears and then you can select the different sources.

michelleclive :

ok and when you change the source does the device work

Customer:

Yes

michelleclive :

ok..give me a moment..

michelleclive :

let me check

michelleclive :

did you try keeping the play\pause button pressed for 5 secs

Customer:

Yes, but I can try again if you like.

michelleclive :

yes please

michelleclive :

also let me know if you see a menu button on your remote

Customer:

If I switch the unit off, switch it on again the 'shop display mode' appears. If I then keep the play button depressed for 5+ seconds then switch off, nothing changes. Once the 'shop display mode' scrolls off I can use the unit normally, and no menu button on the sound units remote.

michelleclive :

this shop mode does come up on most of the devices..mainly TV's and the set procedure is to try the buttons i mentione don remote

michelleclive :

please try pressing the volume button down for 5 secs

michelleclive :

does it show anything come up

michelleclive :

press the mute and power button together

michelleclive :

after that turn off and on

michelleclive :

let me know the status

Customer:

Well it looks as though I can't do anything about it, since it's only cosmetic and doesn't affect the functionality I'll live with it. None of the other suggestions affected it. Thanks anyway.

michelleclive :

i am sorry but yes it seems to be a default power on mode for soundstand as i have cross checked with samsung official manuals and there is no mention of the shop mode

Customer:

OK thanks for your help.

michelleclive :

further they have listed that after turning on the soundstand you need to press source each time to select the source

michelleclive :

you are welcome

michelleclive :

do let me know if you need any other assistance

Customer:

OK

michelleclive :

please click on a smiley face below if you wish to rate me for my service and time; if not satisfied, instead of rating negative do let me know

michelleclive :

thanks for choosing just answer

michelleclive, Customer Service
Experience: Working as a manager in a tech support company and i have an experience of 8 years and more in electronics device.