info tech
info tech, Technician
Experience:  Electronics technician
18621325

Hello there.My Panasonic Viera DV3 SDHC does not always

Customer Question

Hello there.
My Panasonic Viera DV3 SDHC does not always turn on. It is not the remote battery. Instead, it flashes red three times, pauses and then does this again without going to the green/on function and sending me to my HDMI setting. What do you think the problem is?
M
Category: Electronics
Expert:  info tech replied 3 years ago.
Welcome
Thanks for the Question
Sorry for delay.
I will need the full model number of the set please found on the back of the set?
Anthony
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It is fixed to the wall and I cannot get it down I'm afraid.

Expert:  info tech replied 3 years ago.
I am sorry its also found on the user manual ....I do need it
Anthony
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have found the operating instructions: The model number is

TH-42PZ80BA

Expert:  info tech replied 3 years ago.
Thanks the model does help, OK because the problem is intermittent it could be a problem with the powerboard or the mainboard however what you need to do first is reset the TV back to factory default or shipping default in the settings menu in case its a firmware glitch taking down the set.
So you need to go into the settingsmenu and look for this setting if you dont find it let me know I will walk you to it.
Anthony
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I will definitely be asking for you help to reset it as this is not something I have attempted before. I will look at the instructions and get back to you.

I have been asked to rate this transaction but I do not regard it as over as the issue is still a live one.

Is that OK?

Regards ***** *****

Expert:  info tech replied 3 years ago.
Their is no need to rate just yet thats OK we have to send that response as an answer
Thanks let me know
Anthony