Nathan
Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Residential and commercial systems.
59725966

I need a wiring diagram for a dax telephone system

Customer Question

Category: Electronics
Expert:  *ElectronicsTech replied 2 years ago.
Hi, my name is***** will assist you.
What is the model of your system?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Unfortunately I don't know I have been renovating a house and the BT wires were all in a junction box that has been disturbed and I have to reinstate it so I will need to trace the wires and reconnect them they are in a mess with most of then detached from their terminals in the junction box

okay, thank you. Try this please> CLICK HERE<
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I'm sorry this is not what I need I managed to find this by myself on the internet I think the correct spelling should be DACS for the type of phone system I have a problem with it is not a door entry system

okay, I will check on this.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I still have not had a solution to the problem

Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Though you may have many pairs of wiring in there, typically for a single line residential service, you'll only really use 2 wires, a ring and a tip wire for each wall jack/extension. You should have a pair of posts in that junction box, and you'll connect a pair of wires to them.This is normally blue and orange, or red and green. You may have red/green from the phone co, and the same, or blue/orange for the inside lines.

Open up a phone wall jack in the house, and see what wire pair is connected. If multiples are there, look at what is used for the center 2 pins. Connect those 2 colors back to the studs in the junction box, for all the lines, and you should get your phone service back.

There isn't a specific wiring diagram to provide you, because you're using very generic and standard equipment here. Regardless of brand, model, etc, the wiring structure of a junction box in a dacs system is going to be about the same. If you still are getting stuck, upload a photo for me of a wall jack and the junction box, and we'll take it from there.