Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I have a Samsung LE40B530P7 TV

I have a Samsung LE40B530P7 TV, when I switch it on the sound is OK and the picture appears and then screen goes black after about 10 seconds?

Can't stay on line any longer please reply by email to XXXX@XXXXXXXXXX.XXX

Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.
Hello, my name is***** be happy to assist you.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.
- How old is the TV and how long it have had the problem?
- Does menu option appears if press menu button on TV or its remote while screen is black?
These info will help to troubleshoot the problem.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Shahid

The TV is 5 yrs old. Problem started yesterday. Nothing apprears on the TV if I press the menu after the screen goes black.

Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for the info.
- Do you live in coastal/ high humidity area?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Not coastal, don't think it is high humidity.

Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.
Have you tried to unplug TV power cord form wall outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in and check?
If not yet, can you try it now and reply back with the result?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes when I unplug the power, wait and then switch on again. The picture is OK, but slight flickering for a while then the screen goes black again. I have tried this several times and the same thing happens.

Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for the info.
It seems the backlight inverter stop working after a while due to internal failure and swapping the inverter/power board in TV will help to resolve the issue.
Required inverter/power board is available at following ebay link..
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PSU041-H40F1-9HS-BN44-00264C-REV-1-4-/171479901159?pt=UK_Sound_Vision_TV_Boards_Parts&hash=item27ecffa3e7
Or you may please search it with the part number written on inverter/power board in TV for better price and local TV repairman will replace it for you if you are not comfortable working on TV yourself.
I'm sorry there is no easy or quick fix for this problem and it is definitely hardware failure that needs defective board replacement to resolve the issue.
I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face/star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,
Shahid.