*ElectronicsTech
*ElectronicsTech, Customer Service
Experience:  I have over 15 years experience as an electronics repair and troubleshooting technician.
62741268

How do I change my Samsung Galaxy S111 mini settings to use

Customer Question

How do I change my Samsung Galaxy S111 mini settings to use Media Transfer Protocol (MTP) to download my pics to Kies on my HP PC?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  *ElectronicsTech replied 2 years ago.

Hi, my name is***** will assist you.
Try this please> go to settings>applications>development and turn off usb debugging.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Randy,

Sorry, but I need more advice as yesterdays did not enable me to obtain the MTP protocol. Perhaps you would look again to tell me where I can find MTP and switch to it?

Andrew Cameron

okay, was the USB debugging on or off when you checked the settings?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Sorry for the late reply: debugging was on when I checked the settings so I turned it off. Kids still kept putting up the same message as before.

no problem, try this please>
  1. Open the Samsung Kies software.
  2. Connect your device to your PC using the supplied USB cable.
  3. Your device should connect and show in the left panel of Kies. You may need to change the USB settings if you cannot connect; swipe your finger from the top of the screen to the bottom to open the Notification Panel, and touch Connected as a camera. Touch Media device (MTP) to change the USB settings. The Notification Panel should show Connected as a media device, as shown below.
    Samsung Kies - Device Connected
  4. Click Photos or Videos under your device's name in the left panel.
  5. If necessary, click List View to switch to list view.
  6. Mark the checkbox next to the photos or videos you want to save to your computer.
    Mark Photos to be saved
  7. Click Save to Kies Library to save the selected photos or videos to your computer.
  8. Choose the location you would like to copy the selected files to.
  9. The selected pictures or videos will be transferred to your computer. You can view them by clicking Photos or Videos under Library in Kies or by opening the folder you selected in the step above.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for this Andy, I will check it out later today and let you know how I get on!

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Andy, just to let you know that everything worked fine thanks to your advice, all pics safely downloaded to PC!

A final question: how do I clear the photo memory of my Samsung Galaxy 111 mini now I have saved the pics to PC?

Best wishes

Andrew

That's great.
I will get that info for you.
Can you please rate my service fit this question first.