michelleclive
michelleclive, Customer Service
Experience:  Working as a manager in a tech support company and i have an experience of 8 years and more in electronics device.
26798893

the lens shutter of my Samsung film camera Fino140 won't open

Customer Question

the lens shutter of my Samsung film camera Fino140 won't open - is there any where near London SW7 for repairs?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  michelleclive replied 2 years ago.
Customer:

Hi my name is ***** ***** i will be assisting you today.

I am sorry to hear that you are facing problem with your camera lens is stuck, i will try my best to resolve the problem at the earliest.

Customer:

Camera lens tends to get stuck as is a common problem when something gets stuck on the motor path or the lens extractions path for an example if the camera is used in a beach or so the sand particles tend to get in the lens moving area and it prevents the lens to move forward and open

Customer:

In this case try to remove the battery and tap it few times on your palm gently to remove anything stuck on the lense path.

Customer:

you can do this by inserting a charged battery as well.

Customer:

Step 1 - Turn the camera on

You will want to turn your camera on and turn off any features that are known to drain the battery of your digital camera. Features like this include the flash and the LCD display. If your camera does not have a viewfinder, however, you will need to keep the LCD display on. If your digital camera is equipped with image stabilization, you will want to turn that off as well.

Step 2 - Camera Mode

To proceed with the shutter repair, you will need to turn the mode dial to any setting except auto. If you are unsure of which mode to switch to, your digital camera should have a manual mode. While in this mode, you will want to take a picture.

Step 3 - Battery Door

After 7 seconds have passed since you took the picture, open the battery door, or cover it for a few seconds and then close it again. Do not turn the digital camera off while you are doing this. The concept behind this idea is to quickly interrupt power during the exposure time. In most cases, the interruption of power will "jog" the shutter open.

Step 4 - Repeat

After completing the above steps, it is possible that the shutter may still be stuck on your digital camera. It is recommended that you continue to repeat the above steps until the shutter is no longer stuck. You may have to repeat this process five times, or even twenty times. It completely depends on the make and model of your digital camera, and how badly the shutter is stuck and/or damaged.

Customer:

Camera Repair Direct
Unit 23 Hewitts Industrial Estate
Elmbridge Road
Cranleigh
Surrey
GU6 8LW

Customer:

01483 542920

Customer:

Let me know if you have any more question feel free to ask.

Customer:

I hope I've provided the information you were seeking. If you are happy with my service, effort and the Information you got, then provide a rating by clicking on the smiley below.

Customer:

JACUSTOMER-p6lq4fhp- :

This hasn't worked - I have a FILM camera, not digital as I said initially. I have done the battery excercise and the shutter now partially opens. I rang the number above to have a chat to you but the person who answered hadn't heard of you. Pease

Customer:

i have experience in digital cameras more then the film ones however the concept of the moving lens applies same to both as the mechanism which is stuck.

Customer:

remove the batteries and then push hold the power on button for 10 seconds on the camera

Customer:

if there is a system error the lens will be released

Customer:

and if there is a mechanical error like something is stuck then the camera has to be serviced by a professional camera repair center

Customer:

i gave you all the options to try from tapping the lens on your palm, remove the battery and try if none has worked then the camera needs to be serviced.

Customer:

i gave you the number of a camera repair service.

Customer:

Let me know if you have any more question for me feel free to ask.

JACUSTOMER-p6lq4fhp- :

There is no problem with the lens being released, it is the shutter cover, which on being tapped now partially opens. My initial question was where can I take it to be repaired??l

Customer:

Turn on the camera and use your finger to slide the shutter cover and see if that opens the lens fully

JACUSTOMER-p6lq4fhp- :

Yes I can open the lens fully, but now it won't close propery

Customer:

try it few times its happes due to something stuck in the shutter closure path

Customer:

i will give you a repair shop number please allow me few mins as we have already tried the steps we can and if we try to apply more force we might damage the camera

Customer:

Vauxhall, Southwark

250 Kennington Lane
London SE11 5RD

Phone number020 7582 3294

Customer:

Sendean Cameras

Customer:

Soho

9-12 St Annes Court
London W1F 0BB

Phone number0843(###) ###-####/p>

JACUSTOMER-p6lq4fhp- :

thanks. Still not opening properly; on closing the top half operates but the bottom gets stuck!

Customer:

Please dont try more steps as it may permanently damage the shutter take to to the repair shop and they will open the camera lens and fix the shutter.

Customer:

Fitzrovia

18 Great Portland St
London W1W 8QP

Phone number020 7631 5224

Customer:

is there anything else i may assist you with.

JACUSTOMER-p6lq4fhp- :

no thanks. ***** only does digital, I will try the others

Customer:

I hope I've provided the information you were seeking. If you are happy with my service, effort and the Information you got, then provide a rating by clicking on the smiley below and if you have any more question for me feel free to ask.

Customer: