dresteve2000
dresteve2000, Customer Service
Experience:  Electronics expert.
71208907

hi I have the new 55inch 8500 seris and purchased a HW =H750

Customer Question

hi I have the new 55inch 8500 seris and purchased a HW =H750 soundbar I also have sky HD the sound bar keep defaulting to DIN instead of HDMI 1
Category: Electronics
Expert:  dresteve2000 replied 2 years ago.
Customer:

Hi, I am A. Stevens here to help with your question!

Customer:

Could you tell me exactly what the brand/model of the Sound bar is?

JACUSTOMER-xz23m7xg- :

both TV and Soundbar are samsung

Customer:

OK, thanks for that information.

Customer:

Do you have anything attached to the sound bar besides HDMI1?

Customer:

Normally it should come back on and go to the last input used...

JACUSTOMER-xz23m7xg- :

optical cable for radio

Customer:

Is that the input it is defaulting to?

JACUSTOMER-xz23m7xg- :

yes I think could not find anything in the manual to change this, TV recognoses it has a sound bar connected, I have to go to source on the remote and change this to HDMI the everything works fine

JACUSTOMER-xz23m7xg- :

when connecting the HDMI I followed the instructions including the HDMI cable for the ARC solution

Customer:

Right..usually a setting like this doesnt exist

Customer:

The normal behavior is that it should automatically revert to the last input it was on.

Customer:

You mean that the sound bar input is changing correct? Not theTV

JACUSTOMER-xz23m7xg- :

I have the HDMI (1) from my sky box to HDMI 1 on the TV then the HDMI Arc from the TV to the sound bar, When switching the TV on it goes directly to DIN so I have to swop the souce. The new Samsug has a seperate box for connectors so all a bit foriegn to me

JACUSTOMER-xz23m7xg- :

I have sync the sound bar and TV so i can change the source iput with the single remote does both TV and soundbar source

Customer:

I understand..

Customer:

So you are actually changing the input from the TV correct?

Customer:

Not the sound bar itsself.

Customer:

What happens when you change the input on the soundbar itself?

Customer:

Does it stick the next time you turn it on?

JACUSTOMER-xz23m7xg- :

TV and soundbar the message on screen of TV is HDMI not connected I change source and both work fine.

JACUSTOMER-xz23m7xg- :

If I change just soundbar then I have the sound only no picture

Customer:

I see..

Customer:

Would it be ok if I did some research in to your speficifc setup, and return here after a while with an answer?

JACUSTOMER-xz23m7xg- :

Yes OK but I will not pick this up until the morning

Customer:

Not a problem.

Customer:

We will touch base as soon as we can, no big deal.

Customer:

You should get an email when I reply.

Customer:

Just log in at your convenience

JACUSTOMER-xz23m7xg- :

thanks look forward to the reply good night

Customer:

Thanks for all of your info so far

Customer:

goodnight

JACUSTOMER-xz23m7xg- :

hi I recived about 12 emails to rate the service and we have not concluded yet I am awaiting your reply and research

Customer:

I apologize for that, not sure why the system keeps sending out these emails, I have heard from some other customers the same thing. I will reach out to customer care to see why these notices are being sent so excessively.

Customer:

I am still looking for the answer for you, and will respond ASAP as soon as I have it.

Customer:

Sorry again about the nusiance.