michelleclive
michelleclive, Customer Service
Experience:  Working as a manager in a tech support company and i have an experience of 8 years and more in electronics device.
26798893

I have got a Goodmans Free Sat HD 200 box and it has worked

I have got a Goodmans Free Sat HD 200 box and it has worked fine until today. The standby light is on constantly so I can't receive signal from the dish. Any suggestions please?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  michelleclive replied 2 years ago.
michelleclive :

Hi my name is ***** ***** i will be assisting you today.

I am sorry to hear that you are facing problem with your set top box.

michelleclive :

There is an ac adapter connected to the hd200 box which given power to the box unplug the ad adapter and wait for 3 mins

Customer:

Hi Michelle,

michelleclive :

reconnect it back and make sure the adapter is powered on.

michelleclive :

now as you see the standby light press the power button on the remote control provided with the Hd 200 box it will power on the box then.

Customer:

I have done that but still the standby light stays on and the screen says checking for signals

michelleclive :

you do get a screen which says checking signal on your tv is that correct?

Customer:

Yes that is correct

michelleclive :

you will have to the satellite dish company to adjust the disk as it has been dislocated from the original orbit position on which the LNB (Low noise block downconverter) attached on the top of the dish must be positioned to the satellite and it oribit position then only the set top box will receive signal.

Customer:

OK, Iwill do that. Many thanks for your assistance.

michelleclive :

Thank you for using our service. I hope I've provided the information you were seeking. If you are happy with my service, effort and the Information you got, then provide a rating by clicking on the smiley below.

michelleclive :