michelleclive
michelleclive, Customer Service
Experience:  Working as a manager in a tech support company and i have an experience of 8 years and more in electronics device.
26798893

I AM TRYING TO INSTALL A PANASONIC SC-PT170 CINEMA SOUND SYSTEM

I AM TRYING TO INSTALL A PANASONIC SC-PT170 CINEMA SOUND SYSTEM TO MY SAMSUNG 32UF6400 TV SET. I CANNOT GET THE SOUND TO GO THROUGH THE CINEMA SYSTEM. WHAT IS THE CORRECT INSTALLATION PROCESS PLEASE
Category: Electronics
Expert:  michelleclive replied 2 years ago.
michelleclive :

Hi my name is ***** ***** i will be assisting you today.

I am sorry to hear that you are facing problem in connecting the Panasonic home theater to your Samsung Led Tv, i will try my best to resolve the problem at the earliest.

Customer:

thank you Michelle

michelleclive :

Do you have the home theater instructions manual?

Customer:

yes but i dont understand them

michelleclive :

Please check the tv for sound output port

Customer:

how do i do that

michelleclive :

we will assemble the speakers first but before that i want you to look for a headphone port on the tv which says spk or it has a headphone symbol on it.

michelleclive :

locate the hole the we will get started.

Customer:

ok ive found the headphone socket

michelleclive :

ok good now tell me did you follow the instructions and make all the speakers connected to the correct connection Left, Right, Front and Rear speakers to the home theater box

Customer:

the speakers are already set up as the sond system has a dvd player and thats working ok thru the speakers

michelleclive :

ok good now all you have to do is connect a audio cable to the home theater and the other end "male connector" must go to the tv head phone female jack.

Customer:

ok but where does the cable go in yje home theatter?

Customer:

and is this a special lead?

michelleclive :

on the audio port L R

michelleclive :

Its a circle like port L=Red and R=White

michelleclive :

check the back of the home theater there willl be 2 circle ports together at the back

michelleclive :

yes this is a special lead i will attach a photo

Customer:

ok thx

michelleclive :

Full Size Image

michelleclive :

Click on this link and go to page number 7

Customer:

hello

michelleclive :

did you check the picture of the audio cable i attached

michelleclive :

The audio cable connect to the back of the home theater next to the hdmi port and the other end goes to the tv headphone jack.

Customer:

i cant test this yet as i do not have this cable

michelleclive :

This if from the samsung manual about sound using external device like home theater :

michelleclive :

Navigate to Sound and set Speaker Select to TV Speaker.
If you are using an external device, check the device’s audio output option. (For
example, you may need to change your cable box’s audio option to HDMI if the
box connected to your TV is using an HDMI cable.)
If you are using a DVI to HDMI cable, a separate audio cable is required.
If your TV has a headphone jack, make sure there is nothing plugged into it.
Reboot the connected device by disconnecting and then reconnecting the device’
s power cable

michelleclive :

Make sure that the audio cable is connected to the correct audio output
connector on the external device.
For aerial or cable connections, check the signal information. A low signal level
may cause sound distortions.
Run Self Diagnosis (Support > Self Diagnosis > Sound Test).

michelleclive :

you can get the audio cable ordered online or you can check your hometheater box it must contain with the package or else you will have to buy one from a computer store

michelleclive :

did you check the picture i attached please confirm so that you dont get a wrong cable

michelleclive :

you will have to get an audio cable not an AV cable, audio cable for a home theater.

Customer:

yes i got the picture. i am going to store to purchase cable

michelleclive :

did you check the hometheater box?

michelleclive :

the box must contain a cable

Customer:

no there is no cable there as it is not new.

michelleclive :

okay i got it.

Customer:

ok

michelleclive :

you can get the cable from any computer or AV store and connect it if you have any question post me a reply i will be more than glad to assist you further.

michelleclive :

I hope I've provided the information you were seeking. If you are happy with my service, effort and the Information you got, then provide a rating by clicking on the smiley below and if have any more question feel free to ask.

Customer:

ok thanks Michelle

michelleclive :

you are welcome.

Customer:

.I am going now to the computer shop.I will be back in about 1 hour

michelleclive :

sure take your time.

michelleclive :

incase you want or contact me open your email open justanswer email and hit the green button veiw my answer. this chat will reinitiate.

michelleclive, Customer Service
Experience: Working as a manager in a tech support company and i have an experience of 8 years and more in electronics device.