*ElectronicsTech
*ElectronicsTech, Customer Service
Experience:  I have over 15 years experience as an electronics repair and troubleshooting technician.
62741268

hi I have a Samsung galaxy tab 2 10.1 in garnet red I installed

Customer Question

hi I have a Samsung galaxy tab 2 10.1 in garnet red I installed an update from android but it was from Samsung.com everything was going well then my tablet said after installing update the tablet would reboot its self then all of a sudden the android logo went off and Samsung logo came on with the blue light that surrounds the logo the slowly flashes on and off now I cant switch tablet on or off I cant do nothing with is. can you help me out on this problem please kind regards paul
Category: Electronics
Expert:  *ElectronicsTech replied 2 years ago.
I am sorry that happened, I will assist you and get this sorted.
This sounds like the update has glitched the firmware, you will need to perform a hardware factory reset

A master reset will return the tablet to the default factory settings and erase all the personal information on the tablet. However when you get it working again you can sign in with your Google account and restore your backed up data.

Follow these steps please<<<>>>>

With the tablet turned off, press and hold the Volume Up key.

Note: To turn the tablet off completely, press the power key, tap Power off, and tap OK.

While holding down the Volume Up key, press and hold the Power key.

Hold both the Volume Up key and the Power key until the Samsung logo appears.

Release the Power key when the Samsung logo appears.

When the Android logo appears, release the Volume Up key
Press the Volume Down key to scroll to wipe data/factory reset.
With wipe data/factory reset highlighted, press the Power button.
Press the Volume Down key to scroll to Yes --delete all user data and press the Power key.
Once the wipe is complete, press the Power key to select reboot system now.
The master reset is now complete. The tablet will reset.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

hi there randy I have followed your step by step guide to the letter and the tablet is still doing what it was doing before I have a white Samsung logo and a blue light slowly flashing across the logo I don't know how long it takes to reboot I would have thought maybe a few minutes I don't know if you can help any further as I am lost on what too do now I was kinda hoping your info would cure the tablets problem the only info I can give is that its wipes all the data then when I reboot there is a error message under the android logo so I am confused.

Okay, I am sorry about that. What is the approximate purchase date of the Tablet?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I purchased my tablet from new in July 2013

Okay, unfortunately that is out of warranty by a couple of months. Try placing out on charge for 1 hour then do the reset again and let me know how it goes.