Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I have a problem with Finlux 46inch smart Television. It seems

Customer Question

I have a problem with Finlux 46inch smart Television. It seems to be stuck on a blue screen.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.
Hello, my name is***** be happy to assist you.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.
- Can you please get me the model number off of TV?
- How old it is and how long it have had the problem?
- Does screen show any graphics or menu options if press menu button on TV or its remote control?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No graphics either on pressing menu on remote control on TV itself...

46inch Finlux Led TV,fullHD,100hz,freeview,usb,4PVR,4HDMI

Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for the info, can you please check the model number written on back of TV that would be like 46S8030-T or some thing?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

46S8030 Model Number, Very sorry for the delay Shaid.

Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.
Hi Norman,
No problem for the delay, it seems the TV firmware (internal software) has been corrupted for some reason like lightning storm in area or EEPROM chip has failed (hardware issue) located on main board, now the TV firmware doesn't boot up completely to give picture and menu options on screen so it has stuck in middle of booting process thus you get blue screen only.
Need to swap the main board of TV which will help to resolve the problem, required main board is available at ebay for 60 Pounds and local TV repairman will do this for you if you are not comfortable working on this TV yourself, please check following link to view the main board price info...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/17MB65S-3-011111-FINLUX-46S8030-MAIN-BOARD-/161309151856
I'm sorry there is no easy or quick fix for this problem and it is definitely hardware failure that needs defective board replacement to resolve the issue.
I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face/star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,
Shahid.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Shahid, thank you for your help. I feel you have done your best to help me with my proble. I will try and follow your advice, in resolving my problem... Sincerly Norman Gray

Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.
You're welcome Norman Gray,
I wish I had better news about TV but it appears hardware failure issue that needs main board replacement to get it resolve.
Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
Wish you best of luck!
Shahid.