*ElectronicsTech
*ElectronicsTech, Customer Service
Experience:  I have over 15 years experience as an electronics repair and troubleshooting technician.
62741268

I have a Huawei B593 Router on loan from a colleague, when

Customer Question

I have a Huawei B593 Router on loan from a colleague, when I input the password ***** the back of the unit it comes back with Authentication Error. What does this mean? The signal seems strong on the indicator. Is there a possibility the password ***** been changed or is this a technical problem. Thank you

Note - the password ***** am talking about is the WLAN Key underneath the WLAN Name (SSID), the 11 digit one.

Category: Electronics
Expert:  *ElectronicsTech replied 2 years ago.
Hi, my name is***** will assist you.
  • You will need to reset your router> find the tiny reset button usually located at the back of the router.
  • While the router is on, use a pin or the end of a paper clip to press and hold the reset button. You will need to hold if for about 10 seconds.
  • Generally, you will want to wait for the lights to change on the router. Depending on the make and model of your router the lights may start out blinking and change to solid or they may start out solid and change to blinking.
  • When you let go of the reset button the router should be reset to the factory settings.

Find your Router

Once the router is back up you should be able to connect to it.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks I can see that little pin hole, Can you tell me if this happened because the original password ***** changed?

yes, that is the reason.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Unfortunately that reset sequence still didnt allow me to log on, the password ***** doesnt work. Any suggestions?

okay, what is the password ***** you are trying?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The SSID is HUAWEI-B593-D23F and the password ***** am using is 7MGEDF8MBFE

I also tried to conned the ethernet cable to the back of the unit and directly into the computer from my other pc and internet connection (friends house's Wifi). no joy.

okay, follow these steps please>

1. From your computer, launch your Web browser. and type http://192.168.1.1 in the address bar.
2. Select the Admin radio button and type the Admin password ( At the back of the B593 router, you could see the router's wesite portal and password), press Enter or click Login.
b593 back

1. In the left hand column, click the Setup Wizard. Then click Next.

2. The Wireless and Wireline settings appear. Note: It is recommended to keep the default settings.