Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

samsung PS43F TV: standby light is on. Turn TV on, the SAMSUNG

Customer Question

samsung PS43F TV: standby light is on. Turn TV on, the SAMSUNG Logo display and then within 30 sec it goes off, black or blank screen, no channels and no sounds.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.
Hello, my name is***** be happy to assist you.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.
- How old is the TV and how long it have had the problem?
- Can you please get me the complete model number off of TV?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

less than 1 year old

samsung PS43F4500AW

Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.
Thanks Peter for the info.
Does power light on TV stay On or switch Off after Samsung logo screen appear?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

When turning on, the power light flashes on/off (approx 4 times) and then stays off.

Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for the info.
It seems the TV firmware (internal software) has been corrupted for some reason so it doesn't boot up fully to give menu control options and picture/ sound etc, this kind of problem usually occurs due to failing EEPROM chip on main board of TV and entire main board replacement will help to resolve the issue, since TV displays logo screen that indicates the scan boards and power supply board are working and problem is with in main processor board.
Since TV is less than a year old so hopefully it would still be under warranty so please call the number written on warranty card to get the main board replacement under warranty which won't cost your money.
I'm sorry there is no easy or quick fix for this problem and it is definitely hardware failure that needs defective board replacement to resolve the issue.
I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face/star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,
Shahid.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you very much.

Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.
You're welcome Peter,
I wish I had better news about TV problem.
Wish you good luck!
Shahid.