Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I have a Panasonic TH-46PZ81B The Aspect Function will not

Customer Question

I have a Panasonic TH-46PZ81B
The Aspect Function will not work ?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is***** be happy to assist you.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.
- What video devices are connected to the TV and does Aspect Ratio button work for any video source input?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

There is no external devices connected to the TV

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
OK, so aerial is connected to TV for local broadcasting, is this correct?
Can you try a DVD player to the TV as a test to see if Aspect button works?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Both FreeSat & Freeview aerial are connect and working fine

I don't have a DVD player to use as a test

I plan to connect a Hard Drive for recording, however the TV does not have a USB port

Can you suggest how to connect the Hard Drive

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Recording on HDD through USB feature is available only in latest TVs and I'm afraid this TV can't do this for you.
Have you tried to unplug TV power cord from wall outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in and check?
If not yet, can you try it now and reply back with the result about aspect function?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Done it and still no joy

Am I right in assuming that this function will work using the FreeSat/Freeview as well as using External Devices

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Sorry to hear that, aspect button should work for all input source including TV channels etc.
What happens when you press Aspect button on TV remote?
Does any thing come up on screen like few choices of aspect ratio etc?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Nothing expect a flashing green LCD light indicating that its receiving the signal from the remote - both old & new

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
OK, please press Menu button to get menu screen then go to Setup option and check, is the Picture Overscan option is set to On or Off?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It was set to On

I've set it to Off and try the Aspect Function again and still no joy

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
This is odd, lets try to reset the TV to default settings as it should help to resolve the problem.
Please go to Setup option and select Shipping Condition and press OK to proceed.
Please note that this option will return the TV to factory setting as it was out of box and you will get first time setup screen, go through the setup screen instructions to finish it then check aspect button function as it should display aspect selection list on screen to chose/ select any.
Please reply back how it worked.
Shahid, Technician
Experience: I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yep

It worked

Thank you very much

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Excellent Alan, glad to know that reset worked and all is now set.
Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
Have nice time!
Shahid.