Kriptokrit
Kriptokrit, Customer Service
Experience:  Over 6 years of experience in Electronics support service.
63849745

Hi, my sisters tablet 7" was bought in December last year,

Hi, my sisters tablet 7" was bought in December last year, so it's still under guarantee, but it won't charge at all. Sometimes the screen will show that it's empty, but now it shows nothing. The charger plug is very loose. Thanks for your help. Joan
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Kriptokrit replied 2 years ago.
Welcome and thanks for your question.
I'm Todd and I will be the expert working with you today to help resolve your problem.

What is the brand of your sister's Tab?
Can you confirm that Tab did not get wet or physically damaged?
Regards,
Todd
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Well it's the newer version (slightly larger than 7") of the Asus nexus tablet. I can confirm that it hasn't been dropped or damaged in any way and hasn't been wet or left in a damp place. Joan

Hi Joan,
Thank you for your reply.
Please note that electronics troubleshooting is not always easy and sometimes I will not be able to find solution for your problem immediately, so if my first answer does not resolve your problem or you need more information please do not rate my answer negative BAD SERVICE or POOR SERVICE (that will result in a permanent negative feedback on my record - very damaging for me). Please use "Reply to Expert" button instead.
•ANSWER•
This problem sounds like a hardware issue, but sometimes the same issue can be caused by glitch in the software. If there is no hardware issue on the device, some of the solutions below should resolve this issue.
Please follow the steps below to reset your device:
1. Press and hold the power button for exactly 35 seconds.
2. After 35 seconds, release the power button.
3. Wait 2 minute, then turn on your Tab.
4. Test your Tab (try to charge it).
Please try this procedure at least 3 times.
If the previous procedure doesn't work, perform the procedure below:
1. Plug the Tab into the charger for 5 minutes.
2. After 5 minutes (while still plugged in) press and hold power button for 35 seconds.
3. Allow up to 3 minutes for the Tab to reboot.
4. Test your Tab (try to charge it).
Another solution for this kind of issue:
1. Connect the USB cable to computer (do not connect Tab).
2. Hold the Power button for 20 seconds.
3. After 20 seconds while still holding Power button, plug the other part of the USB cable in the Tab.
4. Leave the Tab for 2 minutes and try to turn it on (hold the Power button for exactly 45 seconds).
5. Test your Tab (try to charge it).
Please try all solutions (step by step) and let me know if that works. I'll be waiting for your reply.
If none of those solutions works or you need more information please do not rate my answer negative BAD service or POOR service. Reply to me using "Reply to Expert" button and I'll provide you with the next step.
Kind Regards,
Todd
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Todd. I tried all your advice, but none of these seems to work. Thanks a lot for trying to help. Joan

Joan,
If none of the previous solutions works (the most important troubleshooting steps), I have good and bad news for you (please don't shoot the messenger).
Bad news is that your Tab is defective (defective charging port or bad battery). I have provided you with the all troubleshooting steps for resolving this kind of issue (resetting the software, force reset, USB charging). Unfortunately there is an hardware issue on the device that software troubleshooting can't resolve. Because defective port is the main problem in 95% it's not a good idea to replace the battery without testing the Tab.
Good news is that your Tab is still under 1-year warranty. You will have to contact your seller or Asus directly at 01442 265548 to arrange replacement.
Sorry I could not be of any more assistance, but there is a hardware issue that can't be resolved online.
Please let me know if you are not satisfied with my help or if you need more information. I'll be happy to help with any follow up questions.
Kind Regards,
Todd
Kriptokrit, Customer Service
Experience: Over 6 years of experience in Electronics support service.