*ElectronicsTech
*ElectronicsTech, Customer Service
Experience:  I have over 15 years experience as an electronics repair and troubleshooting technician.
62741268

Tried to update to 8.02 my 64 Gig iPad 2 (not the latest air

Tried to update to 8.02 my 64 Gig iPad 2 (not the latest air but the one before). Update was interrupted when I had to free some more memory, Now doesn't seem to be charging though the cable ( a thirty pin to USB which seems OK because it works on another, older IPad, All I get when I press the home button and simultaneous ly is first of all the large centred white Apple icon, then a second screen with a small centred ITunes Icon and below it separated by a centimetre or so an up-pointing arrow and under this an image of a thirtty pin to USB cable - grateful for any thoughts:
Category: Electronics
Expert:  *ElectronicsTech replied 3 years ago.
Hi, my name is***** will assist you. You will need to use itunes on your computer to restore the iPad.
Please follow these steps,
  • Connect the USB cable to the iPad, but leave the other end of the cable disconnected from your computer's USB port.
  • press and hold the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons at the same time.
  • When the device turns off, release the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons.
  • While pressing and holding the Home button, connect the USB cable to the computer. The device should turn on.
  • Continue holding the Home button until you see the "Connect to iTunes" screen.
  • When this screen appears you can release the Home button:
  • Then use iTunes to restore the iPhone.