Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

my tv shows no signal and no picture or sound for about 15

my tv shows no signal and no picture or sound for about 15 seconds this is at regular intervals I don't have sky tv but a dish for freestat
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is***** be happy to assist you.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.
- Can you please get me the model number off of TV in question?
- Also, does the problem occur with any other connected video source to TV?
- How old is the TV and how long it have had the problem?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

tv new 31/12/2008 samsung32a4searies lcd connected by freesttat

box problem off and on aprox 4 months

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for the info.
Do you have a DVD player to connect to the TV as a test to see if the problem occurs with DVD playback as well?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no problem with dvd playback

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for the info.
Please unplug TV and dish receiver power cords from wall socket (to cut the AC supply) for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in and check.
Please reply back with the result as how it goes.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no picture or sound information icon showing no signal

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
OK, what input of TV is hooked to dish receiver and what type of cables used to connect it?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

the only thing I can say is it has a twin line cable don know how to tell you about imput hooked to dish

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
How is your dish box hooked to the tv?
The choices are:
- Component cables: 5 wires between the tv and the device, these are color coded on the end and have a green, a blue, a red, a white, and another red cable
- Composite cables: 3 wires between the tv and the device, these are color coded on the end and have a yellow, a white, and a red.
- HDMI: 1 wire between the tv and the device, this is a single wire and looks like a computer plug on each end, similar to a large USB connector.
- Coax: This is 1 wire between the tv and the device as well. This is the normal cable wire with the end the screws
If you need pictures of said cables to view them, please tell me.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

its getting a bit tech for me what is the dish box is that outside or do we mean the freestat box

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Sorry for misunderstanding, I was asking about the freesat box that you use to watch TV channels and currently shows no-signal message on TV.
Hop that box is hooked to the TV?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes the freestat box is hooked to tv and green light is on TV screen is showing ext. 1 and no signal no other movement on tv

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
OK, so the TV was displaying freesat box picture when you select Ext-1 input source, is this correct?
If so then I would say the freesat box has got internal failure and causing the problem, since TV doesn't give problem with DVD playback and problem occurs only when watch freesat box that means the freesat box is no good and causing the problem as both the DVD and freesat box are video source for the TV and TV present the video signal as picture as it comes into.
Please replace the freesat box which will help to resolve the problem as TV seems fine and has no issue.
I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face/star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,
Shahid.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ok I can click credit for your payment but can I get back to you if a new box is not the anwer this can be tues day at earliest Regards

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Yes, you can post follow up questions even after rating the answer and I'll happily reply as soon as possible.
Shahid, Technician
Experience: I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech